How did you learn to meditate?

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tonjha

How did you learn to meditate?

Post by Tonjha » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:25 pm

I learned to meditate in a very unusual way... from a TV show when I was only Five.  I would sit everyday and watch the show "Lillia's Yoga and You" I would practice the yoga breathing and moves and work towards inner peace.

This is something that has stayed with me throughout my life and just wonder how others began to meditate.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:02 pm

i learnt to medidtae on this forum... i just close my eyes and countback frm 100. and then i do take deep breaths and count frm 1- 10 ...really relaxes u.

cherrie_asakura

Post by cherrie_asakura » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:28 am

i've been trying to learn how to but i don't really know how? any tips?

Katra_Dynasty

MahaRishi's Transcendental Meditation

Post by Katra_Dynasty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 am

Hi, My Name's Surinder From Mumbai - India...
I've Recently Taken A Course On MahaRishi's Transcendental Meditation.

I'll Advice All Of you 2 Learn Transcendental Meditation Becos, It's got an very high List Of Benefit's For All Of Us

Lemme Give You A Brief Introduction About Transcendental Mediation .... What Exactly It is..

The Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique is a simple, natural, effortless procedure whereby the mind easily and naturally arrives at the source of thought, the settled state of the mind -- Transcendental Consciousness -- pure consciousness, self-referral consciousness, which is the source of all creative processes. Transcendental meditation is practised for 15–20 minutes in the morning and evening, while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed. During this technique, the individual's awareness settles down and experiences a unique state of restful alertness. As the body becomes deeply relaxed, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness, Transcendental Consciousness, where consciousness is open to itself. This is the self-referral state of consciousness.

The experience of Transcendental Consciousness develops the individual's latent creative potential while dissolving accumulated stress and fatigue through the deep rest gained during the practice. This experience enlivens the individual's creativity, dynamism, orderliness, and organising power, which result in increasing effectiveness and success in daily life.

The Transcendental Meditation technique is scientific, requiring neither specific beliefs nor adoption of a particular lifestyle. The practice does not involve any effort or concentration. It is easy to learn and does not require any special ability. People of all ages, educational backgrounds, cultures, and religions in countries throughout the world practise the technique and enjoy its wide range of benefits.

For More Information On This Medication...
I Would Advice you all to Visit   http://www.maharishi-india.org/programmes/p1tm.html

I'm Sure This Site Will Answer All Your Question's Regarding This Form Of Medication..

It's Been Really Helpful For Me...
I'm Already Seeing The Benefit's and wud like you Guys Also 2 Experience It 2ooo

Always Keep Smiling :o)
Becos I Luv 2 See My Friends Smiling :o)
Luv Raja ( Surinder )

ebz

Post by ebz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:39 am

um i guess i always got the jest of it since i was little just breathing, but only lately have i felt the true affects of it after a medium(?) i guess you could call him, came to our house after my brothers atrached some ghosts, and then i asked about my chakra and what my strongest one and my weakest one and then he taught me how to meditate, it was so amazing but i never seem to get the same affect when i'm by myself, i just can't seem to get that feeling of "i'm here" without having someone with amazing ablities, meh i'm not going to give up!

saorsa

Post by saorsa » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:38 am

I first learned via a friend. Later, I continued learning at Avalokiteshvara Buddhist Center here in Denver. I also was certified a teacher and now continue to teach meditation part time.

bkchoy

Awareness Meditation

Post by bkchoy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:47 pm

I learn awareness meditation by taking a course which is often conducted free. This type of meditation  lets us get to know ourself and to really look deep into ourself and it is great to relax. The other name for this meditation is Vipassana . use google to find mor e info

maplewoman

Post by maplewoman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:07 am

I learnt some techniques from a book when I was 12 and my first ever meditation had me speaking in tongues. That was exciting at the time until I tried to tell someone about it and was branded a lying brat with crazy tendencies.
After spending some time in a buddhist institute I realised it was as easy as being in the now, and just being. celebrating the miracle that I am and accepting my whole self including those unbearable feelings as a miracle. Also forgiveness meditations are usefull and chakra cleansing/opening essential. Meditation is amazing and so freeing.

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 pm

If you have difficulty stilling the mind to meditate
perhaps the method shown on the URL below will assist you

The site is most interesting

wildmind.org/meditation/walking/overview.html

peace and love---------the ancient

Here Again

How I learned to Meditate...

Post by Here Again » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:26 pm

:smt039
I learned to meditate through books and people over the years but it only led me back to what I did on my own Instinctively....
Meditation is just Connecting to Source...and there's many kinds, many ways, many paths to get there. I think it's great to check out all different kinds of ways to find what's best for you.
The kinds of meditation I experience, I didn't even know it was "Meditation" until I read it in a book and said "I DO that!!!"... Like walking med. or working med. or watching these snowflakes falling med....
And I'm Still Learning! :smt003

thirdman

Post by thirdman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:32 pm

[

I took transcendental meditation from an organization that teaches it. It's been over thirty years since I started. I don't practice it as often anymore but it still helps me. It was easy for me to learn. By the way, I can easily be hypnotized also. You have to be able to let go in order to meditate. Once you learn it, it will never leave you. So it was for me. :)

mgt7274

Post by mgt7274 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:07 am

from a book and going to classes

newatthis

Meditation

Post by newatthis » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:12 pm

When I started reading up about Buddhism I became interested in Meditating.  It's really very simple, its all about your breath, concentrate on your breathing and when your mind wanders which it always does bring it back to your breath.  I said the premise is simple actually doing it takes practice.  There are many tapes you can purchase to help get you started, go to Insight Meditation website.

stranded23

Post by stranded23 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Meditateing, i actually dont call it that, i call it just concentrating...
I learned myself, actually it was like i allready knew how to do it, so it came easy. I started quite young, i was like 15...but i think that this is a skill that comes from the soul "memory" so i guess that it was (and felt) actually more about remembering than learning :) Maybe its not what people call meditation, since i havent studied it or learned from other persons, i think that what people mean about meditateing is a little different than my so called concentration. It has same elements as far as i know... and i can "mindtravel" when i really want by concentrating/meditateing but its not that easy, it requires previous preparations, like empty stomach, relaxed and good day and so on...

sladoled77

Post by sladoled77 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:35 pm

my first encounter with meditation was when i read a book called SILVA MIND CONTROL . After that i read more books about the subject and then i found excellent software for meditation. I meditate daily for 15-20 minuets.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”