Upgrade myself, but others won't change

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

califajoy

Upgrade myself, but others won't change

Post by califajoy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:38 am

In the spiritural journey,  I want to learn and grow,  but people around me do not upgrade,  in their eyes, I am strange person.

In order to fit their world to make money,  I have to fake myself,  I feel very painful,  what should I do?

Alasandro

Post by Alasandro » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:10 am

Someone once told me - The spiritual journey is a lonely one.  You came here alone and you will dye alone. But... you are never alone.  

There are plenty of us who are in the process of "Upgrading" as you say.  That's why we are all here on this site.  Do not concern yourself with the spiritual growth of others.  We all have plenty of work to do on ourselves.  Do not allow the feeling of sadness to overtake you.  Know that you are on the right path and that knowledge alone should help you capture a bit of happiness.

Have you ever thought that this time of loneliness could be used to help you develop deeper meditation practices, writing, studying?  You have taken on the desire to grow spiritually.  Along with this task comes a lot of things that are uncomfortable to the human way of feeling and thinking about things.  Spiritual development is an inner process that after a short time begins to shine outwardly.  Others will begin to change once they are convicted by the change in you.

There is no need for sadness.  Your spiritual family surrounds you even now as you read this.  Keep the faith and keep your head up.  I send you my blessings and much love.

Thank you for allowing me to offer my humble opinion.

Alasandro

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Very well said Alasandro!

I wish you many blessings on your "upgrade"

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:27 pm

I fully agree with Alasandro too, and it was well said :)

We must always have in mind that life is an ongoing development...from birth to the grave.

Most of the time we are satisfied with what happen around us and then we will grow together with those we interact with.

For some people that is not enough...they want to explore a bit more...they will try to find answer.

When they start out, they will always be seen as some kind of "freak" from those around....but this is just because they don't understand or have that knowledge yet.

As you develop and learn the new field, you will see that people that really care for you also try to understand this field, but you will also see that you get new connection among other that have the same interest as you....this I call progress in life.

If we let our surroundings control our development, then we will have stagnation in our life...we will loose out the explorer in us....so always have in mind...you are never a freak....you are just moving forward from one group to another and those who love you will try to follow you... :)

noskcaj

Money Drive

Post by noskcaj » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:56 pm

In the US we live in a money driven world. The culture brings tremendous pressure on the attainment of resources/money.

I have desired to find through meditiation and self hypnosis that the meaning of a satisfied life should be through relationships. This is interfeared with by the desire for successful attainment of monetary resources.

My goal is the attainment of successful relationships whether parenting, teaching, or in a physical and violent encounter as my career demands.

But I am not writing here to pose as a spiritual guru. Personally, I am a selfish A__hole. I am currently working on changing this direction. My life is falling apart...and now I am open to any and all information.

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:07 am

First, and foremost, you have to be yourself.  Although it may seem difficult to you when you first begin this, when you are you and allow others to be them it is the beginning of peace.  Enjoy your spirituality and just being.

mgt7274

Post by mgt7274 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:15 am

you cant change others they need to do it for them selfs

mystic7

Post by mystic7 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:04 pm

I agree with much of what has been said here. You need to seek the inner, not worry about the outer... I found a page in my journeys about personal peace and growth. The first step applies to your question appropriately, so I will paste it here for your consideration...

Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind

From Shri Gyan Rajhans

How to attain mental peace

Peace of mind is the most sought after 'commodity' in human life. It appears that most of us are in a state of perpetual restlessness. On analyzing the causes of this restlessness, I have ventured to find for myself ten solutions that need to be followed religiously if we are serious about achieving perfect peace of mind.

1. Do not interfere in others' business

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too often in others' affairs. We do so because somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic, and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction.

This kind of attitude on our part denies the existence of individuality and consequently the existence of YHWH, for YHWH has created each one of us in a unique way. No two human beings can think or act in exactly the same way. All men or women act the way they do because they are prompted to do so by the Divine within them. There is YHWH to look after everything. Why are you bothered? Mind your own business and you will have your peace.

Seek With!
Mystic

Emelita

Post by Emelita » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:15 pm

I am sure that nobody can change other's when they are 15 years or older. If you can't understand why other are what they are and you don't like their behavior the only way which works for me is to change my attitude or if it doesn't fit my world vision i just don't communicate with the people which hurts me. But i know one thing surely  you can not change others and you don't need to try or think maybe later he or she changes...

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”