Binaural beats

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AutumnSprite

Binaural beats

Post by AutumnSprite » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 am

Anyone else used/listened to something with binaural beats while meditating?  Curious what you thought?

I cam across a tape I had of it, one side guided, the other just sounds and beats. I enjoy it, but only been back at it a few times so far.

Thanks~  
:)

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:58 pm

I downloaded some brainwave beats - very curious! Strangely good, supposed to split your brain hemispheres, then I downloaded some chakra ones again very good, ain't limewire great (apart from the bugs it brings).
Try either of these, they do work!

AutumnSprite

Post by AutumnSprite » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Chakra ones separate? Or binaural, too?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:05 am

The chakra ones start at the base and work their way up, the only problem is the time it takes to listen, you need to put some serious time aside if you want to go all the way up in one session.

littlebird03

Post by littlebird03 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:51 pm

I've tried this before as well. It is such an interesting concept! My experiences have been somewhat less than incredible, though. I don't know if I'm going about it the wrong way or if I am just not susceptible.

Javant

Post by Javant » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Tried the Ultra Meditation series a while back.  Quite relaxing but boredom set in after listening to it everyday and I think it was overated and overpriced.  It came with tens of 'extra CD's which were nice to listen to but that's about it.

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/overview.php

Looking at this above the other day.  Found a link on the Hypnosis forum about it.  Seems much more affordable than other similar software.  Worth having a read there's some interesting info on that site.  

The following may also be of interest.....
But since any kind of pulse can be used to entrain the brain, there are many other, more effective methods that allow more control than binaural tones. One is Isochronic tones, where a tone is manually spaced, turning on and off in a precise pattern. Another is called "Photic Driving", which involves doing the same thing with Light, using LED Light Goggles or a flashing screen (like a strobe light). Clicks, drums, physical vibrations and even electric pulses can be used to entrain the brain. In fact, photic, tactile and click-based entrainment were discovered long before binaural beats. Today, there are even more complex methods for embedding pulses into music and white noise.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”