The path to meditation Chapter No.6

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

The path to meditation Chapter No.6

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:41 am

You will be practicing it here as well as in your normal life. As I explained, with this resolution your whole mind, conscious and unconscious both, is to decide that I will be silent, I am determined to experience meditation.

The night Gautam Buddha attained enlightenment, he was sitting under his bodhi treee and he said, I will not get up from this place until I am enlightened.

You might think, But what is the connection> How will not getting up help him to get enlightened> But the resolution, "I will not..." spreads all through the body ---  and he did not get up until he became enlightened. Amazingly, he became enlightened the same night. And he had been trying for six years, but never before did he have such intensity.

I will give you a small exercise to intensify your resolve.  We will do this exercise here and also at night before sleeping.

If you exhale completely and then stop yourself from inhaling, what will happen?  If I exhale completely and then pinch my nose shut and don't inhale, what will happen> In a little while my total being will struggle to inhale.Won't every pore of my body and those millions of cells scream for air? The longer I try to hold my breath, the deeper the longing for breath is going to spread into my unconscious mind. The longer I hold my breath, the more the innermost paart of my being is going to ask for air. And if I hold it to the last moment, my whole being will demand air. Now it is not a simple desire anymore; the top layer is not the only one affected. Now it has become a question of life and death; now the deeper layers, the layers underneath, are also going to demand more air.

In that moment, when you reach the state where your whole being is starving for air, you should repeat to yuourself, " I am going to experience meditation." In that moment, when your life is demanding air, you should repeat the thought, " I will enter into a state of silence. This is my resolution: I will experience meditation.: In this state, your mind should repeat this thought; your body will ask for air and your mind will repeat this thought. The stronger the demand for air and your mind will repeat this thought. The stronger the demand for air, the deeper your resolution will enter inside. And if your whole being is struggling and you are repeating this sentence, then the strength of your resolution will increase many times over. In this way it will reach to your unconscious mind.

You will be making this resolution every day before the daily meditation, and at night you will do it before going to sleep. Repeat the sentence, and then go to sleep. When you are falling asleep, at that moment also let it be constantly ringing in your mind: "I will experience meditation. This is my reslution. I will enter into silence ."

This resolution should go on ringing in your mind so that you don't even realize when you are falling asleep. In sleep your conscious mind is inactive and the doors are open for the unconscious mind. If your mind repeats this idea again and again while the conscious mind is in active, it can then enter the subconscious mind. And in time you will observe a significant change -- you will see it even in these three days. So now try to understand the method by which you can strengthen the resolution.

:smt020  :smt006  :)  :smt003

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”