Visions

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dode

Visions

Post by Dode » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Good Morning MB,

heres one from the novice, anyone who has read my posts knows that i dont have to meditate to see things.  BUT by keeping journals (that mb friends suggested) i have noticed that in the morning when my husband of 25 years, 31 together(soulmate) gives me my goodbye kiss, i close my eyes and go right into meditation.  happne to anyone else like this?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Meditation is merely the focusing of the mind.  Its literal interpretation is...to think upon.  Meditation is not stopping or even quieting the mind - it is to think upon a thought.  No wonder you go into meditation at your morning kiss.  It is a time to just feel not think.

When doing housework - dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc. - we are in a mindless state and that, too, is meditation.  When we walk and distract our thoughts with music or just lack of focus, we are meditating.

Yes, we all meditate.  We just don't call it meditation.  And no one receives vision without some focus of the mind.

looking_glass

Re: Visions

Post by looking_glass » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Dode wrote:Good Morning MB,

heres one from the novice, anyone who has read my posts knows that i dont have to meditate to see things.  BUT by keeping journals (that mb friends suggested) i have noticed that in the morning when my husband of 25 years, 31 together(soulmate) gives me my goodbye kiss, i close my eyes and go right into meditation.  happne to anyone else like this?
Hi Dode,

Yes that happens to me when I kiss my wife or am with my wife. It happens to her also but not as often. It happened more so when we first met. I would see colors, and visions (images moving). Now when my wife is just in the same room with me, or am speaking with her over the phone, I can feel her pain (emotional and physical), as she has fibromyalgia. I don't believe it is so much that it is because he is your soulmate, though you are obviously connected. You will find that you feel and see different things with different people as you open more.

jennifercrowe

Post by jennifercrowe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm

This happens to me also.  It is a great feeling

Dode

Post by Dode » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 am

i love hearing replies that dont start with, ahha, or right, it is a great feeling, my breathing changes immediately and i see moving images that start as a dot, form in white only than fly away till they disappear, and it happens over and over until i catch myself fighting to keep my eyes closed they actually twitch.  learning slowly but taking all advice you all give.  thank you.

Nicole

Re: Visions

Post by Nicole » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Dode wrote:Good Morning MB,

Good gosh no.. rofl
I say OUCH, you need to shave it hurts my face and pokes holes.. rofl
And yes he is my soul-mate, but I'm not a kissie kiss kinda lady...
I tend to blow him a kiss from across the room and walk away.. LoL

I know~!!  :smt018  Ha-Ha~!!

Dode

Post by Dode » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 am

hahahaha, Nicole i'be been married 25 years, living with him 28 years and with him for 31 years and i can count on 1 hand probably how many times i missed a morning kiss :) he's fair with freckles and no stub in the morning LOL

thanks for the giggle

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:57 am

Dode wrote:hahahaha, Nicole i'be been married 25 years, living with him 28 years and with him for 31 years and i can count on 1 hand probably how many times i missed a morning kiss :) he's fair with freckles and no stub in the morning LOL

thanks for the giggle
LoL, sorry it sounds mean huh...
It does hurt..LoL
I do love him very much..
I've been Married 18 years and been together 20..
WOW~!! Sounds nice..  :smt008

Congrats to you also~!!  :smt052

Dode

Post by Dode » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:04 am

it does sound nice, you know it seems like we are the minorities :0 if only people knew its a job and doesn't come easy they would be here too.

p.s. your not mean at all, i get my morning kiss but beg for the rest i get LOL "no public displays of affection" LOL

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:49 am

ah love but can it cross the spirit boundary?

Dode

Post by Dode » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 am

i believe it does,
keith, my hubby, has a hard time understanding me, but knows i can do things he doesn' understand.  i believe its luv that helps him believe in me. :)  i told him i want to get into tarot reading and see if i find a crystal ball that wants me and he shakes his head no but says where and when are we going.  thats where love is understanding

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:55 am

[quote="spiritalk"]Meditation is merely the focusing of the mind.  Its literal interpretation is...to think upon.  Meditation is not stopping or even quieting the mind - it is to think upon a thought.  No wonder you go into meditation at your morning kiss.  It is a time to just feel not think.

When doing housework - dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc. - we are in a mindless state and that, too, is meditation.  When we walk and distract our thoughts with music or just lack of focus, we are meditating.

Yes, we all meditate.  We just don't call it meditation.  And no one receives vision without some focus of the mind.[/quote]

TRUE! I realized that when I was painting the fence on a hot day many years ago! Unless it was the fumes of the paint I was applying or something ...

Seriously! Not being facetious at all :-(

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Any mundane task.  We don't have to have a lot of concentration when painting a fence.  LOL

Dode

Post by Dode » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Unless you have OCD like me :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 pm

lol I have an ocd too (compulsive handwasher i'm a nurse its drilled into us lol) but i love mundane tasks they concentrate the mind and give you thinking time.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”