Are there different kinds of meditation???

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Are there different kinds of meditation???

Post by swetha » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:20 pm

hello,
are there really different kinds or schools of meditation?

doriangrey

Post by doriangrey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:04 pm

are you looking to train or something like that?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:11 am

i want to develop a daily routine of meditating for a few minutes. had started after advice frm this forum... it did help but i didnt continue it:(

Katra_Dynasty

Post by Katra_Dynasty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:23 am

Hi, My Name's Surinder From Mumbai - India...
I've Recently Taken A Course On MahaRishi's Transcendental Meditation.

I'll Advice All Of you 2 Learn Transcendental Meditation Becos, It's got an very high List Of Benefit's For All Of Us

Lemme Give You A Brief Introduction About Transcendental Mediation .... What Exactly It is..

The Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique is a simple, natural, effortless procedure whereby the mind easily and naturally arrives at the source of thought, the settled state of the mind -- Transcendental Consciousness -- pure consciousness, self-referral consciousness, which is the source of all creative processes. Transcendental meditation is practised for 15–20 minutes in the morning and evening, while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed. During this technique, the individual's awareness settles down and experiences a unique state of restful alertness. As the body becomes deeply relaxed, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness, Transcendental Consciousness, where consciousness is open to itself. This is the self-referral state of consciousness.

The experience of Transcendental Consciousness develops the individual's latent creative potential while dissolving accumulated stress and fatigue through the deep rest gained during the practice. This experience enlivens the individual's creativity, dynamism, orderliness, and organising power, which result in increasing effectiveness and success in daily life.

The Transcendental Meditation technique is scientific, requiring neither specific beliefs nor adoption of a particular lifestyle. The practice does not involve any effort or concentration. It is easy to learn and does not require any special ability. People of all ages, educational backgrounds, cultures, and religions in countries throughout the world practise the technique and enjoy its wide range of benefits.

For More Information On This Medication...
I Would Advice you all to Visit   http://www.maharishi-india.org/programmes/p1tm.html

I'm Sure This Site Will Answer All Your Question's Regarding This Form Of Medication..

It's Been Really Helpful For Me...
I'm Already Seeing The Benefit's and wud like you Guys Also 2 Experience It 2ooo

Always Keep Smiling :o)
Becos I Luv 2 See My Friends Smiling :o)
Luv Raja ( Surinder )

lanches

Meditation

Post by lanches » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11 am

I've just recently gotten in to Meditation and it really, really helps to quite the mind, relieve stress and feel grounded.  I started by attending a free course, but I found the tapes I downloaded from the internet much better.  I have downloaded many.  I find the visual and breathing techniques the best.  I try to listen to them on my walkman daily.  Some are 10 minutes, some an hour.  Just type in Google "Free Meditation Tapes".  If you want to know the names of some good ones, just ask!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:11 am

Yes why don't u give the names of the good ones here, it will help many ppl.

lanches

Meditation Free Downloads

Post by lanches » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:13 pm

You can use your favorite open info sharing system.  I use LimeWire.  Some good meditation tapes I've downloaded are:  Reginald Ray-Prana Breathing, Reginald Ray-Earth Breathing, Reiki Master-Grounded Breathing and Healing Meditation, Kelly Howell-Guided Medition, Kelly Howell-Center & Gounded, Kelly Howell-Miracel Meditation, Stress & Anxiety Relief-Guided Meditation, Chakra Clearing-Evening Meditation-Doreen Virtue.  You can also download free from these sites:  www.changeinmind.com/downloads.php
www.meditainment.com/free/
www.emusic.com/album/10825/10825634.html
www.dragonrising.com/downloads
www.fhu.com/meditation-begin.html

Hope this is helpful!

misty-midnightrain

Meditation

Post by misty-midnightrain » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 pm

What is the best way to keep your mind from wandering when you meditate. I try very hard but it seams that I just can not go into deep meditation.

lanches

Re: Meditation

Post by lanches » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:33 pm

misty-midnightrain wrote:What is the best way to keep your mind from wandering when you meditate. I try very hard but it seams that I just can not go into deep meditation.
It is hard to quiet your mind.  The best way is to find a quiet room and listen to a guided tape on headphones.  Usually the voice of the guide calms you and often there is music in the background that is soothing.  It's easy to follow someone's voice and follow their instructions.  I find I can really zone out and in time you will beable to meditate without these tools.  Try one of the websites I suggested or download on to Limewire or BearShare.  Hope this helps!

Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:24 pm

There are several good clips on You Tube about meditaion.  If you just type in "meditation" in the search engine there you will have alot to choose from and try.

Jade Rose

ksri10

are there really different kinds or schools of meditation?

Post by ksri10 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:28 am

Yes, there are different types of meditation. To name a few: Transcendental Meditation, Zen Meditation, Trataka ( gazing at an object like a lighted candle, a phoo of a Guru or diety, rising / setting sun) and then meditating on it, Kudalini Meditation ( meditating on the different pyschic centres of our body, especially the 'mooladhar chakara' or the root chakra, at the base of the spine, Antar Mouna ( meditating on our natural breath ) etc, etc.

They are all different techiniques which lead to the final destination............contacting and connecting  our innerself.

Simple techiniques of meditation are prescribed as therapies for several ailments.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”