mantra n medition

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sant9990

mantra n medition

Post by Sant9990 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Mantra Meditation involves repeating a pure sound vibration known as a mantra. The goal of this repetition is inner peace – harmony of mind, body, and soul. Mantra Meditation enables one to concentrate their energies, which are often wasted due to attention on vast amounts of exterior impressions. These practices were established many years ago by Yogis and seers in their meditation. Mantras were created in higher states of consciousness and were used by the wise to achieve their desires.

In practice "japa-mala" or japa beads are used. These are a strand of beads carved from the sacred tulasi tree, or other woods, or seeds such as Rudraksha beads. Other materials such as crystal, jewels, gold, or silver are also used but these are generally used for mantras to gain material wealth. The strand contains 108 beads as 108 is a holy number.

At the top of the strand a unique bead exists. This bead is not used for chanting. Beginning from the first bead the bead is gently rolled between the thumb and middle finger while the mantra is repeated. The repetitions are chanted one per bead until the unique bead is reached. Using beads helps the concentration and helps to dissipate nervous energy.

A strong Vedic principle about chanting mantras is "the more done, the more benefits we will receive". If one has extreme problems or they want to profoundly alter their karma, mantras can be performed for longer periods of time on a daily basis.

Evard

I teach mantara (Iyi Veda)

Post by Evard » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Mantara was not the mantra Sulas Veya nor the mantra vibration aum poda zi~ tho I meditate Zi form new monk median
accord with the syllables I want prayer and meditation when not quieting the mind ~ ask Deities what the role new YiM0n,
Deific Ways (Sun) proper accord with the planets and new ideal with Peace Magic will be power (Kunda Zi) and peaceful@
ideal mantara will quiet the mind and allow the former Ayur~Veda quiet all thoughts while allowing a syllable mantra with
proper accord allow the mind (what I say was chai) Peace and Body Ways sitting peaceful and allow quiet mantra begin ^
transcending the thought with respect one quiet thought tone with new ideal peaceful mind without thought. It s mantra @.

Mantara will be the new mantra without tag and without the Silva Wyn (Pitta Wyn Vta~wi) sooth.e thought among Vedic!@
while new include accord common meditation re learned and quiet mind peaceful or the more activ@aum Mantara Monk ~
Zi Kunda Prayer and not relax full posture sitting comfortably with (I'm bad I guess) smoking nearer to the time medita.^

I am not registered teacher with my way meditation with home altar and begin respect Magic Peace n Deific Ways (Sun)..

OK this was my personal thought. You may continue with thought and uh prayer beads ideal. I like Peace Magic monk Zi,.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Any repetitive exercise is a mantra.  The rosary beads in the Roman Catholic tradition are a mantra.  Words repeated out loud or in the mind are a mantra.  

Any repetitive exercise is a mantra.  Repetition, constancy, consistency all bring the results of calm and peace to the body, mind, spirit.

God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Actually affirmations of our own best good are also a mantra when repeated to effect.  Make a mantra to meditate upon that empowers the spirit.

srimathi29

MEDITATION

Post by srimathi29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 pm

HELLO!
              Regarding mr.Pravin kumar's article i agree effect of repeating of any mantra again and again,gives peace.In other religion also there are similar way to meditate.which calms down our busy mind.If you close your eyes and sit,take deep breath for 5to10 times that also calms down.

srimathi29

MEDITATION

Post by srimathi29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:22 pm

HELLO!
              Regarding mr.Pravin kumar's article i agree effect of repeating of any mantra again and again,gives peace.In other religion also there are similar way to meditate.which calms down our busy mind.If you close your eyes and sit,take deep breath for 5to10 times that also calms down.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:37 pm

The object is, of course, to calm down.  The method is unique to each of us to find our way.

Evard

Post by Evard » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Mantra and medita. The philosophy of Peace and the tendency of the mind to Be Peace.
Tendency of meditation to calm the mind rather than the agress urudiant of calming the
tension and senses with peaceful Nature and relax ation so we may Be Peace. mantara.
The passive mind will be enlightened to the ways of consciousness when we learn Potmi
Peaceful Ideal Assured Peaceful Accord with Powers That Be Cosmic Meditation Amenti.

BlessedB the ways Anew common peaceful ideal with Salaca as Deity provide new Deity
respectin~ life and cosmis background along with peace among powers of Light n SaLah.

AM aste~ and Power Deity ., BlessedB ~Evard

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 pm

If you can find peace in the mind, the body and spirit can follow.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:33 pm

I have been doing this regularly. Initially I did not believe much in it but started doing it because my mom suggested I try it out. But I have started feeling good about it. In fact people around me feel the difference in me. And I feel a certain calm to face the world :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Always go for the peaceful in life.  It helps keep the soul calm.

just4spar

MANTRAs ARE THE BEST

Post by just4spar » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

if a person is new to meditation (suppose that he hasnt tried mantras not much), if that guy is just an average person/ person with negative mental thought pattern. then if he does meditation there is a good chance that he can think negative while in meditation too which will cuase things worse. MANTRAS come to rescue here, each mantra has a particular vibration which attracts energy to a particular GOD/ DEITY or to particular subject like there are mantras for gettting knowledge/ attracting money / attracting spirits ........ list goes on.  Only thing is that a person should be aware what does mantra he uses is intented for & how to properly chant that else meaning & vibration of mantra changes which can attract many negativities

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:10 pm

When you find your own true inner peace - even among the clamour of negativity - you can rest (meditate) with any mantra or other tool and it be successful.

just4spar

GAYATRI MANTRA one of the best

Post by just4spar » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:22 pm

gayatri mantra is one of the most reverred in HINDU & BUDDHIST culture

AUM BHOOR BHUWAH SWAHA,
TAT SAVITUR VARENYAM
BHARGO DEVASAYA DHEEMAHI
DHIYO YO NAHA PRACHODAYAT

single word by word meaning
AUM:primordial sound,the Godhead, Supreme Deity|Bhoor: earth or physical plane|Bhuvah: water or mental/astral plane. Swaha: fire or celestial plane |tat - that (referring to God)|savitur:the all-pervading Consciousness|vareNyaM - most excellent, fit to be worshipped| bhargo -  splendor (the light that bestows understanding)|devasya - divine, of the deity|dhîmahi -  we meditate upon| dhiyo - prayer, intuition, understanding of Reality |yo - he who, the one who|nah - our, of us|
prachodayât - may he energize, direct, inspire, guide, unfold... or he who energizes, directs, inspires, guides, unfolds

Complete meaning
We meditate on the glory of the Creator;
Who has created the Universe;
Who is worthy of Worship;
Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and Light;
Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance;
May He enlighten our Intellect.

this mantra is one of the best for gaining knowledge, because we all have come to the world for learning & finally GOD is knowledge and love (only thru true knowledge can anyone show unconditional love towards anything)

Evard

Post by Evard » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 am

Medition is not a term I know .  Meditation is the blessing of quieted thought
and tendency of mind to begin passive thought pattern as restful to mindful.

When a mantra is blessed upon a person who will meditate . , . they begin a
cycle of recognising thoughts as quiet and not the jumble of mind which is ~
the stress of unorganized mind at rest . Mantra helps the mind trained to it :
with peaceful slowing of the theta and mindful centering of the mentality . . .

When mantra is not the recognised "sweet spot" in recognising quieted thots ,
it becomes the role of the "mantara" [new spelling] to begin Anew meditation.

Not having blessing of monk or teacher to begin the recognition to quieted and
peaceful mind to enjoy the inner peace with meditation will not be efficient . . .
Closing the eyes and beginning with peace and centered mind will help with the
role of mindful beginning of mantra , and when trying newer mantara it will be :
recommended to not focus the breathing pattern at time of newer recognise 0M
mantara will be the way to remind the unbothered mind about less thought aum     comment accepted .|.  OM  Evard .

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”