Do you pray daily??

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

How frequently do you pray??

Everyday
61%
Once in a while
16%
Never
23%

Total votes: 31

swetha
Site Admin

Do you pray daily??

Post by swetha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:01 pm

hello,
how many of you pray everyday or remember God once in a while? what do u ask Him for?
i pray everyday..but sometimes just thank Him.

sno

Post by sno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:33 pm

I used to pray every day when i was in school, since I left for the lasy 12 years i've only ever prayed when I needed something urgent, like when my mum was in hospital. He still answers my prayers every time I asked for help though. I think god realises that living in the 21st century is hard work!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm

dont u feel u can take out some time to pray if u want to? u dont believe in God, thats a different issue, but when u remember him only in times of need, that not right..isnt it?

sno

Post by sno » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:13 am

The fact that I dont pray all the time shows how happy I am with life and grateful for things going right. I think Gods to busy to deal with me ranting ad raving on at him when it's not a time I need to.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:14 pm

prayer doesnt only mean rantin and raving... it also means thanking.

sno

Post by sno » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:27 pm

lol, there are other ways to be thankful, you dont need to pray. Just living your life to the full shows god how thankful you are.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:16 pm

hmm.. i guesss different people have different way to thank God:)

doriangrey

Post by doriangrey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:03 pm

Swetha: how can you exactly thank God in a prayer? I mean, does it have to be on your kneew in front of a statue, or could it be just something, anywhere, from the bottom of your heart. A deep gratefulness.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:13 am

i mean deep greatfulness.. anything anywhere:)

in_the_blue

Post by in_the_blue » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:57 pm

some people pray daily (twice a day) when they get up and go to bed and in some cases before they eat just because their religion says so.. but these are like a routine, the same words always. dont u think it is rather pointless?or useless?

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:02 pm

I pray everyday...

lawgal

Post by lawgal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:45 pm

I pray everyday - usually several times a day.  But it isn't like I sit down and follow some prescribed prayer or anything.  I'll spend specific time at home in prayer, but I also talk to God during my everyday activities.  Thursday the weather was horrible here and I prayed that the boss would close the office so we could go home early.  When the boss told me he was writing out our checks and sending us home, as I was walking back to my desk, I was thanking God that I could leave before the weather got any worse.  Just talking to God is praying.  You don't have to use some fancy prayer.

pinkslumber

Post by pinkslumber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 pm

I just had a "reading" done for me last night and I was shocked that God and my angels came up.  My reader asked me why I didn't ask for God's help with my troubles and concerns and I confessed that I had a hard time praying and asking for help from Him due to a past issue.  She told me it was very important that I resolve this and talk to God and allow Him to be a part of my consciousness again.  She also said my angels were very willing to help me too, but they told her I was very stubborn and did not listen to them when they tried to help me.  It is the Lenten Season now and after my reading I thought to myself, how awesome that during this particular time God chose to reach out to me.  I prayed for the first time in 6 months.  This morning I woke up and things just seemed "good" for a change.  I plan to heed my reader's advice and continue to lessen the distance I've put between myself and God.

ButterflyLace

Yes, I pray everyday!

Post by ButterflyLace » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Yes, I pray or for lack of a better way to explain,  converse with God each and every day...   God, my guide, and past love ones are my only constant companions.  I talk to Them about anything and everything... About what I'm grateful for, I ask for help when I need it, advise, or just a "Hey, check that out" kind of thing.. I find it very comforting to have such power with me while here on this plain we call Earth

spookchild

Post by spookchild » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:09 am

I don't believe in God anymore, so I don't pray. But I do believe in being considerate adn mindful to those around me, and treating the earth and its creatures with respect.  Maybe that's a form of unspoken prayer...trying to respect and honor those I share this planet with.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”