MISUNDERSTANDING EMOTIONS

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

MISUNDERSTANDING EMOTIONS

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 am

Misunderstanding Emotions:

Attaching to the thought about a situation is what allows emotions to take over. When this is understood nothing will pull you in so you’ll always be in control of how you’re affected by situations that arise.

Emotions are something that are mostly misunderstood by people. Very few truly see where emotions arise from and how they cause more problems than they’re worth. Recently my mom passed away and it was emotional for many people, I was not one of them. Being emotional doesn’t mean someone loves someone more than one who isn’t emotional, nor does it suggest emotional people have more passion about something. To me all emotions do is get a person unconsciously attached to a situation. This is usually out of their control and emotions also takes away any objectiveness to that situation. I’m not saying squash emotions if they arise, what I’m saying is investigate how much they’re really needed. What do they bring to the so called table?

This is my experience of how emotions arise and why they cause problems. Whatever occurs in life is looked at as a situation and if the thought of it is attached to, this gives the thought of the situation energy and hence an emotion will arise. This doesn’t change what has occurred, but it does add a certain energy to the situation at hand and depending on how attached to the thought of the situation one is determines how emotionally controlled one will be. I’m not telling anyone not to be emotional, if they arise they arise, all I’m saying is contrary to popular belief, I find absolutely no benefit at all to getting pulled around by a situation and becoming emotional. I’m always with what arises, but attaching to the thought about a situation is what allows emotions to take over. When this is understood nothing will pull you in so you will always be in control of how you are affected by situations that arise.

Michael Cupo
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”