THE SUFFERING OF "I"

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THE SUFFERING OF "I"

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:45 pm

The Suffering of “I”

Because the Conditioned Mind isn't understood enough it's very difficult to notice the insights that reveal the cause of suffering, hence without these insights one remains entrapped to "l" wanting things different.

Anytime the present moment is wanted different, instantly this causes the one wanting it different to suffer. Why this suffering happens isn't because of what's occurring, it happens because of the attachment to a delusional "I" only the idea of "I" could ever want anything different and thus suffer. This is so subtle that it's missed by most people, even those who claim to be deeply spiritual. Why this is missed is because the Conditioned Mind isn't understood at the level that allows for this insight to be seen. Many have a practice that's mind based and so much of what's in place is from the intellect. True peace can never be fully experienced from the intellect alone, it can assist in getting the mind to settle enough to allow insights to arise without having to make something up, but the mind will have to be minus any story to allow this.

Wanting the slightest thing that arises in the moment different causes suffering. From a simple hang nail, to losing a loved one, or even wanting a loved one, and on and on. Although some things will be attached to more than others, the base of the delusional "I" is the common denominator of all suffering. It has nothing to do with what one thinks is causing the suffering, only attachment causes it and "I" is at the core. Very difficult to see because this "I" will tell you you're not suffering. It will tell you that the writer of this article doesn't know what he’s talking about, but if what I wrote wasn't true, it would just roll off and your "I" wouldn't give it a second thought. For me I've learned the delusional "I" is the cause of suffering and the only way one will ever be free from it is to let go of "I".

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”