"I" TEMPTATIONS:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

"I" TEMPTATIONS:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 am

“I” Temptations:

Temptation arises because “I” wants to satisfy some pleasure it's making you think is needed, and “I” will win out every time until there's awareness to stay out of harms way.

It's so important to not put yourself in harms way when it comes to temptation, but it's done because the way most minds are conditioned there's a lack of awareness and discipline to make a stand against temptations energy for a long period of time. I see this in myself, but very slowly the conditioning that attaches to “I” is losing its grip. There's so much of our make up associated with temptation that one should sit with this to see how much control it really has over you. This is mainly so because of the temporary pleasure that's gotten from giving in to the temptation. Food, alcohol, drugs, sex (alone or with someone) gambling and so on, many things are used to satisfy the sense pleasures and if there isn't awareness of this, it will be difficult not to get pulled around by temptation.

Temptation controlled my entire life because of never having the awareness or discipline to not get pulled around by “I” that always put me in harms way. Of course satisfying “I” is at the root of this and whenever a temptation is given into, initially it feels good, but it only last until the mind that told you to give in to the temptation poses the question, why did you do that. It has taken a few years to finally stop giving in to the temptation of pleasure and it's only because there's the awareness of “I”. Grab that cookie and see how long the satisfaction last, by the way sugar is more addictive than cocaine. The point of this isn't to say the pleasures of life can't be enjoyed, just watch who is attaching to them. See if you’re putting yourself in harms way which reinforces “I”. If this is seen you just may be able to not attach to “I” and lessen the control it has over you so you can truly live life happy, joyous, and free. Free from what? The alluring temptation of the control of “I”.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”