THE DIFFICULTY OF DOING NOTHING

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THE DIFFICULTY OF DOING NOTHING

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 am

The Difficulty of Doing Nothing:

Without awareness of the mind becoming agitated in the absence of something to do, the Conditioned Mind will create story after story just so it has something to do.

The most difficult thing I have ever done in my life is to learn how to do nothing in spite of the conditioning in place telling me to do. To not give in to the mind agitations that tell me to do this, do that, reach for this or reach for that, is so difficult because of the lack of discipline to just be and also the lack of understanding of why not to do is so difficult. Even with discipline and this understanding, it’s difficult because of all the outer influences and inner conditioning. To not do is not something many master, I’m not talking about sitting in meditation or taking a nap, I mean being wide awake without having to do something. For forty nine years this wasn’t noticeable to me because I was never still long enough to be aware of any agitation. I like so many was a doer; a slave to my Conditioned Mind.

For some this doing doesn't seem like much of an issue because the doings aren’t noticeably destructive, but make no mistake a doing is a doing and one is a slave to doing regardless how productive or subtle it may seem. Without awareness of the mind becoming agitated in the absence of something to do, the Conditioned Mind creates story after story just so it has something to do. The stories base will be whatever conditioning you have in place. You can only do what the conditioning in place dictates and without this agitation being noticed, the conditioning is usually based in doing something for selfish reasons. Even if one wants to save the world, who says the world needs saving. Not doing allows for one to truly be an instrument, not by doing by simply being, but this will only occur if you notice you don’t have to do.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”