THOUGHT AWARENESS

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THOUGHT AWARENESS

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 am

Thought Awareness:

Thoughts will arise, but they don’t have to control you. If there isn’t awareness of this, your thoughts will blindly be attached to which will lead to them being blindly in control...

If there isn’t awareness of your own thoughts, there won’t be anyway of knowing if they’re truly beneficial to you. Without this awareness hold on because you'll be taken on a roller coaster ride. Not that life does anything directly to anyone, but thoughts arise and they determine what kind of ride you will be on. Awareness of your unchecked thoughts is essential if one is to not be controlled by them. Thoughts are a natural part of life, they will arise, to me there's no way of controlling the thoughts that arise, but I have found that awareness of them allows for a split second hesitation that can be used to determine whether or not the thought is beneficial; remember attachment to any thought causes suffering, not the thought itself...

I often say the Conditioned Mind is diabolical and unless there's some awareness of how controlling your thoughts actually are, they will and this has to happen, control you as if you were a dog on a leash. So subtle is this that even if you are doing things that are labeled as loving, if these thoughts aren't watched they will eventually control you; remember bondage is bondage regardless of what label is applied to the thought. This is why the Conditioned Mind is diabolical because of its subtleness in using whatever it can to remain in control. Thoughts will arise, but they don’t have to control you. If there isn’t awareness of this, your thoughts will blindly be attached to which will unfortunately lead to them being blindly in control...

Michael Cupo
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”