THOUGHT ADDICTION:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THOUGHT ADDICTION:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:13 am

Thought Addiction:

Notice how many of your thoughts are repeated and you just may be able to settle in a place where your thoughts aren’t in control. You may also realize the repeated thoughts don't really provide much of a benefit.

As long as you're alive you will have thoughts, actually thoughts occur even if you aren't alive they’re just not yours. So your thoughts aren’t really about what happens as much as how much one attaches to the thought of what happens. This is where one's conditioning steps in and determines the relation to what thoughts come next. Thoughts can be based in love, or they can based in hate, but for most they teeter between the two. Very few go to the extreme of either one of these thoughts, so the results for most are just constantly switching between the two. When thoughts do hit an extreme level, the results are contingent on how much one is conditioned to constantly have the same thoughts; these thoughts manifest as the emotions that take you for a ride. If you have love as the main influence in your life, obviously you will have thoughts of love more than a person who had hate as their influence. This all arises from the individual so if you truly notice the base of your thoughts, you may be able to alter your attachments. Besides relying on divine intervention which will probably not occur, it will take practice to allow the mind to settle so the base of one's thoughts are noticed.

The true addictions in our society is to our thoughts and when “I” is the main subject, it makes existence very irrational. Now multiply that by billions of people and hence you have the world we live in; billions of people having constant thoughts about “I” strictly for their own satisfaction. There's no one to blame for this, it just arises from the thoughts within each of us. It's our constant thought stream that causes extreme emotional twist and everything else in between. Sit with the intention of developing the ability to notice how much your thoughts are stuck on “I” and you just may be able to settle in a place where the mind quiets and allows you to realize life really isn't about you, “I” just thinks it is.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”