PLEASURE REACHING:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

PLEASURE REACHING:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 am

Pleasure Reaching:

The thought of reaching for God is no different than the thought of reaching for Heroin, and although these produce different outer results, the attachment to pleasure results in the same bondage...

The attachment to a thought about what's occurring determines the energy you will live by and this is because attachment is tied into your emotions; which is what gives your emotions life. It's never truly about what's occurring, it's always the attachment to what’s occurring that determines what one will do next. Using the example of food shows how prevalent this is. Food is needed to live, but how about dessert, see how the attachment to dessert makes the emotion of joy and delight arise. Nothing inherently has any substance to it so if we didn't have attachment to pleasure, our eating habits would be very different. This would be because the thought of pleasure wouldn't arise and the attachment to dessert being needed wouldn’t occur. Without attached pleasure we would eat when we were hungry, not to say that we don't now, but I know in my case, food and especially dessert is mostly used for the sake of satisfying a pleasure. I don't eat food that I don't like and I definitely only eat dessert to satisfy an attached pleasure. The attachments we have determines how strong their grip is.

Look at some of the most glaring labeled addictions in our society and see why many don't break free from their hold. The pleasure attachments to something destructive being reached for as a coping mechanism are obvious, but what's not understood is the less glaring one's have the same bondage as the one's that wreck havoc and even kill. One uses programs to break free from the attachment to something, only to substitute it for another attachment in the form of a program; although the outer results are different the same bondage to attachment remains in place. Until this is understood, the attachment to whatever the Conditioned Mind deems pleasurable will keep you in bondage to whatever it is that’s being reached for...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”