BONDAGE OF REACHING:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BONDAGE OF REACHING:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 am

Bondage of Reaching:

Reaching itself is the issue, not the thing being reached for. Not everything reached for is truly beneficial. It will take a very settled mind to see the subtle bondage in the things one thinks are beneficial.

Doing what's beneficial for your well being needs to be investigated to see if what you're doing is truly a benefit and not just a story of what you think is beneficial. Many people play the lottery to become rich so to become rich becomes your beneficial energy...so you think. Sex is often viewed as beneficial, as is the spiritual path. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, and their programs are seen as beneficial, but as the results of these energies may be different, the bondage they keep you in is the same. Working out and healthy eating habits are very beneficial, but many attach a story to them and negate their benefits. I know many people are vegans and I have no opinion either way, but no where have I ever read that Jesus or the Buddha seen this as a benefit to their practice. All I'm saying is what I've found to be truly beneficial needs no story nor attachment to attain a certain result.

People see ayahuasca as a benefit, but this is reaching for something similar to reaching for drugs and alcohol to achieve a result. I can only share my experience and I've found reaching for anything in whatever form is not a benefit because the reaching itself is the issue, not the thing being reached for. To me, in the space of just being with what arises in the present moment is the only thing I’ve experienced to be truly beneficial. Not everything you think that’s healthy and supportive are truly a benefit to enhance your life. It will take a very settled mind to see the subtle bondage in the things that are reached for. My experience has been if you are reaching for something regardless of what it is, it's not beneficial and this is because the reaching itself is the issue and that’s what keeps you in bondage.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”