THE MIND THAT LOVES AND HATES:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THE MIND THAT LOVES AND HATES:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:05 am

The Mind That Loves Also Hates:

The mind is of love, but it must be understood that the same mind that loves also hates. If this isn't seen, it’ll be very difficult to live life where it's beneficial to yourself and all beings.

The core of what I share is based on a settled mind, but this was not always the case and although meditation (sitting) and concentration are a major part of my process, I had to first learn first why these two things weren't already in place; especially since without them I couldn't get off the Conditioned Mind treadmill. Sitting and concentration are important tools in developing the necessary discipline that allows the mind to settle, but before one starts these disciplines, there should be a brief study so there's an understanding of what one is doing and why.

Many people meditate (I simply refer to it as sitting) but don't really get what they should out of it because of the lack of understanding their own mind. It would be best to study what exactly is the nature of a Conditioned Mind and how it affects the way one lives before pursuing a practice siting and concentration. If one is sitting for any other reason but to develop these necessary disciplines the mind probably won’t settle.

The mind is beautiful, but it must be understood that the same mind that loves also hates. If this isn't seen it will be very difficult to get anything out of sitting or concentration. Studying oneself is vital to break the self applied chains and it will occur only when one stops thinking about themselves all the time. A true and honest understanding of yourself is needed to go beyond this self which exist whether one loves or hate. It's just that love is so much more beneficial to all involved, but it will take a settled mind to see this, and it will only be seen when one has the discipline to know their own mind.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”