"I" DEFENDS ITSELF:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

"I" DEFENDS ITSELF:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:26 am

“I” Defends Itself:

“I” lives in the ignorance of the Conditioned Mind, but when there's light shed on this, ignorance is no more and “I” no longer needs to defend itself because it no longer sees itself as an adversary...

Awareness of the different thoughts that arise and seeing why some are defended and some are just let go of has immense value in learning what blocks you from living life to the fullest. You will want to develop some sort of discipline that's going to assist you in differentiating which of your thoughts are beneficial. The ego is "I" and when "I" feels threatened it will defend itself with whatever tools it has developed to do so. These tools aren't only used to defend itself against others, they're also used to defend itself against itself. This is the only reason a person reaches for something and it's strictly because “I” is defending itself from a threat that comes from within. This "I" is the cause of addiction and of all conflicts. Without "I" you still exist, it's just not in the way the ego ”I” makes it seem.

When you can see the truth that "I" (ego) is not your adversary, there will be no need to defend yourself because it will be seen you are only defending yourself against yourself. There's no suppressing this nor anything else that arises because suppressing or pushing away is an action that deepens the egos control. To me the awareness of an "I" existence is the beginning of “I” loosening its grip. In acknowledging it the control dissipates somewhat, this happens when the energy of attaching is taken away. Never deny what's there, just be aware of it and watch it dissolve on its own. The “I” lives in the ignorance of the Conditioned Mind. When there's light shed on this, ignorance is no more and the ego “I” no longer needs to defend itself because it no longer sees itself as an adversary...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”