HERD MENTALITY OF "I"

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HERD MENTALITY OF "I"

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 am

Herd Mentality of “I”

There's so much of a herd mentality in our society that it's almost impossible to break free. The reason addictions are so hard to break is because the thing addicted to is always focused on and not the herd mentality of “I”.

The herd mentality will pull you along as if you are a puppet on a string unless there’s some awareness that it is happening. To me the only thing that allows this awareness are your thoughts slowing down enough to where there's a millisecond of space between them; if this space is created the herd mentality pull lessens. The only thing I've found that allows this space is discipline developed by sitting. It's very important to understand this because people sit for hours with other intentions and the moment they're finished, the herd mentality thought of “I” takes over again. An understanding of this is beneficial because it allows for a clear vision which keeps the mind open to learn. If everything stays in the head as herd intellect, it will be difficult to break free from the energy this emits. The larger the group attachment the harder it is to pull away.

One example of this is from the Bible, the masses grew and grew as the Pharisees publicly tried Jesus. As more people were pulled into the herd mentality, the energy to have him crucified intensified. If you research some of the conquerors of the past, you will see exactly how the herd mentality works. As their reigns widened and their tyranny expanded, the herd mentality deepened. There's so much of this energy in our society it's almost impossible to break free of it as it's reinforced daily. Addictions are so hard to break free of not because of the things addicted to, but because of the herd mentality of “I” that keeps it in place. This even includes those trying to help in the addiction field because the addiction is to “I” and the focus is always on the thing one is addicted to. Until “I” is addressed very few people will ever truly break free of any addiction because the herd mentality won't allow space between one's thoughts as the herd energy of “I” remains in control.

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”