THE ROOT OF REACHING:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THE ROOT OF REACHING:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 am

The Root of Reaching:

When the mind settles it can be said to desire "You don't satisfy me anymore" and that's because it’s seen the only reason something is reached for is to alter one's mind state of needing to be satisfied...

For most of my life I reached out for things because whatever I was reaching for it was thought to be needed to satisfy some inner desire; this took me out of the present moment and put me in the monotony of the past or future mind state . This desire to be satisfied was constantly chased after and an array of things were used to achieve it; from drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, food, TV, power, and whatnot, feel free to add your own. There was the constant desire to be satisfied by something because I didn't have the ability to be with myself without altering my mind state. Desire is the root as to why anyone reaches for anything and without this desire to alter your mind state there would not be a need to be satisfied and reach out for anything.

The past and future mind state monotony that's created is there because it's not known how to just be in the present moment and not need it different. There are so many things used to satisfy a desired mind state that go beyond some of the conventional things like drugs, alcohol, sex, and gambling, here are a few of the more subtle things used, speeding up to beat the yellow traffic light, weaving in and out of traffic, rooting for your favorite sports team or country, talking about others, cheating on a spouse, surfing the net and on and on, all these are used to alter an agitated mind state. When this reaching stops it’s because fulfilling a desire doesn’t satisfy you anymore. Either something will be used that you think is needed to fulfill a desire or you’ll learn it's okay to be with yourself as you are because it's who you will be with for the rest of your life...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”