TRIGGERED ATTACHMENTS:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

TRIGGERED ATTACHMENTS:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 am

Triggered Attachments:

Attachments arise when something triggers them. At the root of this is “I” and as long as “I” is in control, the roller coaster of deeply embedded triggered attachments will continue to take you for a ride...

Attachments aren't something that exist by themselves, they are a movement or reaction to something that occurs. There are many different attachments that arise and they can be put into the associated category to best get a handle on them when they do. They arise because of something that occurs. Nothing inherently makes you attached, there has to be a personal association to something. Attachments only arise as “I” assigns meaning to something. There isn't much attachment when you hear of a stranger dying, but apply the word Mother, Father, sister, brother, and so on and just watch the attached onslaught.

Attachments don't exist until “I” grabs hold of something, this is what gives the attachment life and allows it to arise. Example: greed is only a word until you attach "I need or want this" to it, then look out because depending on how deeply “I” attaches to the need or want determines the level of its control. Same thing with joy, something happens and now “I” attaches pleasure to it and therein lies the attachment to joy. Here are just some attachments that can be categorized, fear, anger, sadness, joy, disgust, trust, happiness, to name a few, watch for yourself when these arise and see how the root is from “I”. With awareness of this you just may be able to get a firmer grasp on just how the Conditioned Mind keeps you under its spell by weighing you down and taking you for a ride with deeply embedded triggered attachments...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”