INVESTIGATION OF THIS MOMENT

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

INVESTIGATION OF THIS MOMENT

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am

Investigation of This Moment

Prologue

As you read this please bear in mind that I do not seek name, fame, wealth, power, possessions, influence … in fact anything at all.

My only wish is for all to Awaken to the fact that there is only Consciousness, which exists in two modes, at rest as Pure Awareness and in motion as Cosmic Energy – the manifest universe(s).
Our mind/bodies are ephemeral expressions of This, through which it can experience and enjoy its own manifestation. For every experience we have automatically appears in this (Awareness) as we become aware of it.

Every time I hear of a new Awakening I find it very pleasing, irrespective of the route taken.

So I try my best to point to Awakening in the clearest, simplest way that this mind is able.

Thereby increasing my pleasure when this is successful, and giving this pleasure also to Consciousness as this pleasure appears in Awareness Itself. Also enhancing the experiences appearing in Awareness for there is one more Awakened instrument that is not passing its experiences through the dark filter of the (illusory) ‘small self’.

A win-win situation as there is no angst for there’s nothing sought, and looking for clearer and simpler ways to point to That keeps this mind ‘aware of Awareness’ and thus Awake. Moreover this also a ‘win’ for the newly Awakened expression of Consciousness who has now transcended mental suffering and existential angst.

The problem is that the discerning (or judging) mind is always looking for the motives (or sub-plot) behind any of the pointers that I provide, which makes it very difficult for the recipient to really hear what’s being said. I assure you that whatever I write has no motive than to point to, or inspire you to discover, Awakening.

So please consider each point that I make clearly and objectively before moving on to the next and try to see how they are designed to make a cogent ‘whole’ … or at least to point to That which is whole!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigation

This moment, for each of us, consists of thoughts (including all mental images), sensations (everything detected by the body and its sense-organs) and the Awareness of these. The former pair are a ‘flow of objects’ seen by the latter. This Awareness is a ‘constant, conscious perceiving presence’ which is present before, during and after each these objects. Therefore they appear in, exist in, are seen by and disappear in This. So at the deeper level we are this ‘constant presence’ (which has witnessed our entire life) rather than the fleeting objects appearing in It.

When investigated Awareness is found to be:

Still – For there is Awareness of the slightest movement of body or mind (thought or sensation)
Silent – For there is Awareness of the smallest sound or subtlest thought.
Serene – That is still and silent.
Pure – For no thing can taint It. The flow of thoughts and sensations does not change It.
Pristine - For no thing can degrade It. The flow of thoughts and sensations does not change It.
Radiant – For It provides the ‘illumination’ by which this flow can be ‘seen’.
Omnipresent – In our own experience It is ever present, for there can be no experience without It.
Omniscient – For there is effortless and choiceless Awareness of this flow.
Omnipotent – For this flow has no power over It, as it cannot change it.
The Source – For It is present before any thought or sensation .
The Presence – That these exist in.
The Seer – of these.
That - into Which these all subside, when they ‘pass’, as It is still present when they are gone.

------------------------------------------------

Giving :

The Pure, Radiant, Pristine
Still, Silent Pristine,
Omnipresent
Omniscient
Omnipotent
Ocean of Awareness

Which is

The Source in Which all things arise
The Presence in Which all things abide
The Seer by Which all things are spied
That into Which they all finally must subside,
When out of momentum – ‘the end of the ride’.

And we are in essence That, of which our body/minds are fleeting expressions and instruments.

COLIN DRAKE
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”