NON BENEFICIAL CONDITIONING:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

NON BENEFICIAL CONDITIONING:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Non Beneficial Conditioning:

The only way to change your non beneficial conditioning is to develop awareness that it’s not beneficial. This is where quietness comes in because without it you won’t notice what’s beneficial and what’s not...

Watching television is not my favorite way to past time, but the other night I watched a movie. When it was over I began looking for something else to watch. Twenty seconds on one channel, ten seconds on another, five on another, than another and another, you get the picture. It’s amazing how we stay fixated on something in this case the TV, when it comes to our conditioning. We're so resistant to change the conditioning even though it doesn’t really benefit us. Actually what's on the TV (the fixation) is mostly reruns, yet we'll watch the same channel (our thoughts) over an over. Even though there are many channels (thoughts) we get stuck on the TV and don't know how to change this.

Think of something you get fixated on and see how hard it is to see if it’s truly beneficial. Unless there's total awareness of this, changing this conditioning will be just about impossible. The only way to change your non beneficial conditioning is to have something in place that will allow you to see that’s it’s not beneficial. This is where quietness comes in because without it there won't be awareness of this. You may have repeated thoughts disguised with many different labels, but it's still a non beneficial thought. Watch the subtleness of this and in time you’ll see the mind for what it is and how non beneficial thoughts really are. The issue is you can get so comfortable with this that it’s not realized the conditioning is not beneficial and needs changing; this realization will only occur if you have something in place that's seen as non beneficial...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”