LOVING THE BELOVED - SENSING AND KNOWING ONENESS

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

LOVING THE BELOVED - SENSING AND KNOWING ONENESS

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 am

Loving The Beloved – 'Sensing' and 'Knowing' Oneness

Here is a practice in which the Absolute (Consciousness) uses the mind/body as an instrument to sense its manifestation; through which the lover (Pure Awareness, Consciousness at rest) can ‘know’ the beloved (the manifest universe, cosmic energy, Consciousness in motion). In this way the 'Oneness' can be 'sensed' and 'known'.

Lie, or sit, in the most comfortable position you can possibly find, with your eyes open, preferably in an attractive natural environment. Make sure that your phone is on ‘silent’ and that the ‘do not disturb’ sign is on the door. Spend as much time as you need in each step until you really ‘feel’ it, or until it really resonates with your ‘being’. The steps can be repeated as often as time allows, punctuated with the verses provide at the end, to enhance the process. The more this is carried out the deeper will become your feeling of oneness with all things.

1/ Look around and notice what is seen. Ignore all other sense impressions and thoughts except these sights.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the eyes, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can see the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as a sight is seen it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘seeing you my love’ as you do this.

2/ Notice the sounds, occurring in the body and the room. Ignore all other sense impressions and thoughts except these sounds.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the ears, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can hear the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.
For as soon as a sound is heard it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘hearing you my love’ as you do this.

3/ Notice the aromas occurring in the room. Ignore all other sense impressions and thoughts except these aromas.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the nose, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can smell the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as an aroma is smelt it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘smelling you my love’ as you do this.

4/ Notice the tastes, occurring in the mouth. Ignore all other sense impressions and thoughts except these tastes.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the taste buds, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can taste the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as a flavour is tasted it appears in Awareness.

COLIN DRAKE

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘tasting you my love’ as you do this.

5/ Notice the sensations (and feelings) in, and on the surface of, the body. Sink into these sensations, really luxuriate in them as much as possible. Ignore all other sense impressions and thoughts except these sensations.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the nervous system, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can feel the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as a sensation is felt it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘feeling you my love’ as you do this.

6/ Close your eyes and notice the thoughts, occurring in the mind. Ignore all sense impressions just noticing the thoughts.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the mind, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can contemplate the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as a thought occurs it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘thinking of you my love’ as you do this.

7/ Notice the mental images occurring in the mind. Ignore all sense impressions just noticing these images.

Realize that these occur, are detected by the mind, and are then ‘seen’ by Awareness – i.e. you become ‘aware’ of them.

So the body/mind, itself a fleeting expression of cosmic energy, is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can imagine the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

For as soon as a mental image occurs it appears in Awareness.

If it appeals you can mentally repeat ‘imagining you my love’ as you do this.

8/ Therefore the body/mind is an instrument through which Awareness- Consciousness at rest, the lover – can experience, engage with and enjoy the external world – Consciousness in motion, the beloved.

9/ To put this another way the body/mind – itself an ephemeral manifestation of Consciousness in motion, the beloved – is an instrument, or conduit, through which the lover can ‘know’ and love the beloved.

Here are some verses that you can repeat during the process, as and when you please, to strengthen your realization:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
In this there can be no separate ‘saying’,
Manifestation is the Lover and Beloved playing.
What appears to us as ‘you’ and ‘me’,
Are expressions and instruments of the Absolute Reality.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Between Consciousness and Its Creation,
There can be no possible separation.
For the Lover and Beloved are already one,
Appearing as the ‘many’ just for fun!

Locked in an everlasting embrace,
From which no parting can take place.
For all ‘things’, Consciousness in motion,
Arise, abide and subside into Thats’ Ocean.
---------------------------------------------------------------
All is Holiness,
Steeped in Divinity,
Absolute Wholeness,
At One, in Unity,
Pure Consciousness,
Nonduality.
-------------------------------------------------------------
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”