MINDFULLY AWARE:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

MINDFULLY AWARE:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am

Mindfully Aware:

Whenever you are mindful of what is instead of just being aware of something, it changes the dynamics of the situation. Mindfulness is the deeper aspect of life. It allows for a connection that awareness doesn't...

You may think awareness and mindfulness are similar, but they are very different especially when they’re used in describing the space of what is. Awareness is the recognition that something is occurring, you can be aware that you a feeling a certain way, but it doesn't necessarily mean you’re being mindful of the feeling itself. Being aware you’re angry isn’t the same as being mindful anger has arisen. When you’re with the anger it is then that you become mindful of it. Awareness of going to the doctor to get a check up because you’re not feeling well can open the door to so many fears, but being mindful that you are not feeling well and simply making an appointment for a check up quiets the fears or story you are making up. Awareness is recognizing what’s occurring, mindfulness is being with it and understanding it’s just there.

When you’re aware of something mostly it’s in association with the identity of I or self. When you’re mindful of something there’s a separation from the identity to the I or self. Mindfulness itself is a wholesome quality because it connects you with what truly is. People are aware of all sorts of things, but it doesn't make it a wholesome quality because it’s based in “I”.

Most people get stuck in staying in the awareness of the situation by not going beyond it to the state of mindfulness. Whenever you are mindful instead of just being aware of something, it changes the dynamics of the situation. Mindfulness is the deeper aspect of life. It allows for a connection that awareness doesn't. This is a large part of the problem within our society, people are aware of certain behaviors that are based in satisfying “I” but they don't go deeper to find out why this is and how to change it. In this you stay locked in the self-serving behavior, aware it’s occurring, but not mindful it’s occurring. When you become mindful of the behavior, you’ll see how it affects so many more people than just yourself and you’ll want to act in the appropriate manner of love. It is very difficult to be mindful and still behave in a self-serving manner so when it’s learned to be mindful of life as it is, you’ll be mindful of truly living...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”