THE TEASE OF PLEASURE

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

THE TEASE OF PLEASURE

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:45 pm

The Tease of Pleasure:

The most important thing to understand about the tease of pleasure is the less you are attached to "I" the less you will be teased and it's because without "I" there's nothing for the teasing to attach to...

The tease of pleasure is so enticing because it actually feels good; this is why the draw is so powerful. There's only issue with this because of the impermanent nature of pleasure, it simply will not last. Pleasure has no staying power so something else will be needed almost immediately following the attainment of each pleasure. Think about it, with all the pleasures that have been attained throughout your life regardless of what it was, it doesn’t t bring the pleasure now that it brought at that time, and most times even if the same exact pleasure is repeated, it's usually not as pleasurable as the first experience. I used so many things as I was teased by my pleasure seeking conditioning, but it was never lasting, the tease of the next needed pleasure always arose. This went on all the time, attaining one pleasure after another and never being satisfied.

I've come to understand this tease of pleasure as the main reason people start using and become addicted to alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, money, tobacco products and an array of other things. If pleasure wasn't sought, nothing would be reached for so there would never be an addiction nor an issue, but unfortunately the tease of pleasure has its way with people. It's deeply engrained in the subconscious and has been in place since our existence began. I know this tease of pleasure is what was controlling me for forty nine years and it was directly associated with "I". Without "I" no one is there to be teased. Even with this understanding the tease of pleasure doesn't just disappear, but it does subside somewhat. To me the most important thing to understand about this is, the less one is attached to "I" the less one will be teased and it's because without "I" there's nothing for the teasing to attach to...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”