"I" ADDICTION:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

"I" ADDICTION:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:09 pm

“I” Addiction:

If it wasn't for the attachment to “I” that creates bondage, addiction would be non existent because the desire of an “I” self needing life to be in some other way would not exist...

Each day most of our waking hours are spent trying to arrange the day to the liking of “I”, the only problem with this is most of the day is wasted trying to arrange our day to the liking of “I”. This happens because we have been conditioned to believe there’s a needs for things to be different. This conditioning keeps the mind addicted to “I” which creates a constant need, and when the mind needs it will use whatever tools it has developed; not so much to quiet the need, but more so to distract from it. The distractions in this case manifest as “I” based Conditioned Mind Patterns that are constantly trying to arrange life by using whatever “I” deems necessary to satisfy itself.

If it wasn't for the need to satisfy “I” the desire to want life to be in some other way which is caused by the mind of “I” wouldn't exist. This need is the cause of the constant rearranging of life and it’s because of “I” needing life to be a certain way, but something would exist without the addiction to “I”, that would be peace; the peace of simply being because the addiction to “I” wouldn't exist. If you don't think this is true, it's probably because of the addiction to “I” that’s not allowing your mind to settle so you can be aware of the peace that passes all understanding. Go beyond the desires brought on by “I” wanting things to be in some other way; until “I” doesn’t need, addiction remains so nothing ever changes...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”