WATCHING YOUR THOUGHTS:

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

WATCHING YOUR THOUGHTS:

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 am

Watching Your Thoughts:

It's important to notice your own thoughts because even if what you do comes from a labeled place of love, the label produces the bondage of your own thoughts that control you...

If you can't watch your own thoughts to decipher if they’re truly beneficial, hold on because you'll be taken on the ride of your life. Not that life does anything directly to you, but thoughts arise and these determine what kind of ride you will be on. Noticing your unguarded thoughts is essential if you’re not to be controlled by them; at least somewhat. Thoughts are a natural part of life so they will arise. As far as I know there's no way of controlling the thoughts that arise, but I have found that noticing them allows for a split second of hesitation that can be used to decipher whether or not if the arisen thought is beneficial; remember attachment causes suffering, not the thought itself.

I often say the Conditioned Mind is diabolical and unless there's some awareness of how you are controlled by your own thoughts, it will and this has to happen, control you as if you were a puppet on a string. So subtle is this control that even if you’re doing things that you label as loving, if these thoughts aren’t watched they will control you and bondage is bondage regardless of what label is applied. This is why the Conditioned Mind is diabolical because of the subtleness in using whatever it can to remain in control. This is also why it's so important to notice your own thoughts because even if what you do comes from a labeled place of love, the bondage this produces is that of unguarded thoughts which control you like any unguarded thought...

MICHAEL CUPO
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”