First Runecast

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

EarlofLeicester

First Runecast

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 am

I thought newbies could benefit from the experiences of others, so I started this thread.  My first runecast was Laguz Merkstave, which turned out to be exactly what I needed.  Details are here:  http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=78

Anyone else have a story?

Nicole

Re: First Runecast

Post by Nicole » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:31 pm

EarlofLeicester wrote:I thought newbies could benefit from the experiences of others, so I started this thread.  My first runecast was Laguz Merkstave, which turned out to be exactly what I needed.  Details are here:  http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=78

Anyone else have a story?
I just wanted to tell you something...
I got a purple bag, It's got beads and silky ribbon on it... I have clear rocks in it with saying on them.. SAMPLE: Caring, Kindness, Love, Hope, Blessing, Trust, Faith, ect... What I do is sage it..lol And then I hold it in my hands with all my stones in it... Kinda shake it and pull a stone out. And use that stone for my day... I do nothing but think and realize what my day should be.. like example.. Love~!! I will think through out my day what love means to me and why~!!  More like a "Thought of the day"

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 pm

My first 3 rune cast and my first real attempt at runic interpretation.  It's here:  http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=78  --- comments welcome.

MoonGoddess

First Rune Cast...Can't Remember

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:06 am

Well I don't mean to sound all crusty but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since my first Rune cast.  All I remember though was how surprised at how accurated they were, and this surprises me to this day still when I cast them now.  I was how do you "Choosing my Tools", and the first thing that popped into my mind was the Lord of the rings.  I know that sounds pathetic, but they enspired me and energised me all at the same time...I felt like I had come home.

My question probably back then was "What does the future have install for me in the next year?" or something to that extent.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:28 pm

At 32, you're hardly crusty Moon Goddess!  I have to agree with you about the accuracy.  In all the times I have cast the runes, they have never failed me with their counsel.  Every message has been relevant and on the money.  Amazing when you think about it!

MoonGoddess

Rune Casts

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 am

No 32 may not be old and crusty but when your heavily pregnant with a 15 month old to run around after some days I feel as acient as the trees in the amazon forest.

The accuracy of Rune is why I have stuck with them, I found Tarot a little bit confusing and couldn't get a proper reading out of them.  My teacher actually gave me his deck of Rune Cards years ago to help me understand Runes a bit better. I still have them and use them quite often especially when I am doing Chakra readings, they help me focus better.

I love it when my little boy is having a nap I can do so much stuff...oopse should be doing domestic chores rather then talking on the net...lol having break, eating chocolate....sorry blah blah blah

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Moon Goddess, you have touched base on 3 of my favorite things, namely chocolate, internet, and faith in the accuracy of the runes.  Never having born a child (kinda hard as a guy) I can't relate to be heavily pregnant (and am sure I don't want to!) but your brightness of spirit shines in your posts here.  When I was a Dad of young ones, naps were sacred wonderful oases of time to be relished.  Domestic chores are important, but so is pampering the Mom-to-be.

MoonGoddess

IMOA

Post by MoonGoddess » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:40 pm

Can't stop laughing at you last comment, you have definately brightened my day.  I am so glad I found this website, it has gained me some sanity back as well firing my interest in knowledge and Runes again.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Glad to be of service and even more glad you joined the site!

craftyfox

First time

Post by craftyfox » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:25 am

I don't even remember what my first casting was like other than it had the blank stone in it (as did most of my first readings).  I was so happy to read the discussion on that stone because I have always disliked it.  I just left it in because every book I've ever read had it as part of the set.  I also remember that it was extremely accurate which surprised and frightened me (it wasn't a good reading then).  I was so sure it would change with each subsequent reading so I did five in a row and still came out similar (not exactly the same).  I also remember the pleasant connection I felt with the stones themselves even before I'd done any readings.  I had tried other methods of divination prior to the runes such as tarot, I Ching, etc. and never felt anything.  The weird thing is that I got turned onto the runes by a fiction book (can't remember the exact one but the main character used them).  It stuck in my brain.  I was walking through a Barnes and Noble store of all places and saw a set in the bargain bin.  I couldn't resist getting them and haven't regretted it ever since!

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:33 pm

The blank rune is suppose to be Wyrd but there are other stones such as Peorth the dice cup which covers Wyrd.  If you feel comfortable reading with it in your bag then keep it in there, do not let anyone else tell you what you should or should not do...What ever is comfortable to you is what you should do.

Fiction books with Runes in them which one set actually started me in this path was the Lord of the Rings.  Other books I have read with them in or on the cover is books by Traci Harding the Runes of Time I think it is called.

It is good to see some fresh blood in here I hope you can see everything through all the cob webs, I must get to dusting again not many people come in here seems to be the invisible forum...lol

craftyfox

Love it so far!

Post by craftyfox » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:40 pm

I love it so far!  I'm usually not a big fan of discussion boards mainly because I feel the uncontrollable urge to read absolutely everything and to post constantly.  Being a teacher (hence the reason I can't carry the stones with me every where, teaching in a very conservative district), I can't always make a big committment to reply or read often.  I've been ignored in discussions on previous boards because of lengthy absences.  I never knew whether it was because I had hurt someone's feelings by not replying or what.  No one ever clued me in.  I'm fascinated by the runes and it doesn't really seem to appeal to a lot of people.  That's why I had to come and take a look.  I think I'm hooked!

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:43 am

It is a bit addictive discussion boards get like that, I haven't been on much my self due to other commitments.  I am glad you are enjoying so far.

MG

Return to “Runes”