Runes tattoos

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dj I.C.U.

Runes tattoos

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:00 am

There is historical precedence for using runes as tattoos. If you are of northern European heritage, there may be a tattooed Nordman or Viking in your genetic past.

I often am asked what runes or runic charms to use as tattoos. My first advice is to try out whatever symbol you choose as a temporary tattoo first! There are several reasons for this.
Aesthetics - Make sure you like the design before you commit your skin to a permanent adornment (or disfiguration).
Safety - Runic are powerful. If invoked or created incorrectly, or for the wrong reason, they can be dangerous. The mere creation of a runic charm may invoke the charm, even if this was not intended.

Henna works well for a temporary tattoo. It is used in the middle-eastern countries to draw designs to adorn women's fingers and hands, as well as for hair dye. Powdered henna can be obtained at beauty supply stores, sometimes even in the nail-polish section of your local drugstore, or can be ordered online. It comes in several shades, from red to black. A design drawn on the skin in henna will last about two to four weeks depending on how long the paste is left on the body.

www.sunnyway.com

Return to “Runes”