Gateway

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

psidre

Gateway

Post by psidre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 am

Had a vision of this rune the other nite. It is prelevant to me because I have not dealt with runes for some years now.

I was considering what may be coming this next year when the vision flashed in my mind. it was glowing orange, nearly white amongst an absolute dark void.

it flashed for perhaps a whole second.

I had made a brief examination as to whether this may be an indication of something global in importance, but was unable to really gather any more introspection in that respect.

I therefore consider this message as a personal one, presenting to me the awareness of things that may benefit from some reflection before futher steps are taken.

I had forgotten how simple and profound the runes can be, and was grateful to receive the wisdom.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Thurisaz is one of the trickiesr runes for interpretation IMO is that it means thorn, or obstacle, yet is also derived from Thor's hammer Mjolnir, which is protection (and Thurisaz resembled both a thorn and Mjolnir).  I take it, without any other background info, that there is some sort of warning or issue implied in your vision of Thurisaz, although where the image was not reversed leads me to believe that you can count on some assistance to address the issue.  Good Luck and may the Norse Pantheon bless your journey!

Malachai

Post by Malachai » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:06 pm

I am not sure how Brian........I forget his name........came to the conclusion that Thurizas represents a gateway. The mind boggles.

Thurisaz represents a thorn, and so by extension, all sharp, pointed and pricking things.

It also represents giants and ogres, and so all manner of unpleasant things, and violence due to it's association with Mjolnir, Thor and the colour red.

Thurisaz represents something rarely pleasant but usually necessary.

Bear in mind also the 'th' sound that the rune represents.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Very nice summary of Thurisaz.  Prickly was the perfect choice of words, here.  Which is probably why you chose it ;)

MoonGoddess

Thorn

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:18 am

Here I go quoting again from Nigel P but here goes.

"Thorn is a rune of protection and/or attack."  It also says in my book that the Thorn rune can represent a sudden change, as you don't know where Lightening is going to strike next.

Over all yes it is a protective, defensive rune which can be used for attack.  It is unpredictable causing unexpected change, which I think could be the case here.  As you saw it upright it is not to negative, as for it is was reversed it would mean much the same except arrogance would keep you going on the cause of action not heeding any advice given to you.

As for the colour you saw Orange almost white glow, it is not all bad.  Too me orange is fluidity, emotion and white is your higher self...Aaaah I diverge into another field sorry any who hope that gave you a clearer idea of what is ahead for you and yours.

MoonGoddess

Oooh I forgot

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:26 am

Orange is also a colour of fertility, I link it with Lagu when I am doing my chakras.  The Lagu chakra is orange and located in your abdomen, that go me excited...sorry was just looking at the definition to Lagu in the Rune dictionary and glossary part.  Can't believe I forgot that, brain like a sieve.

Return to “Runes”