Rune talk 2

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Silly me

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:23 am

There you are, there are so many different names for runes even I get confused some times.  Especially when you know it by another name Elhaz, brain has gone to mush must go.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:45 pm

Different languages don't help the situation, even if they come from the same root (Germanic), but with Icelandic, Norwegian and Anglo-Saxon spins on the same rune, it can get tricky.  I always have to stop and think if I see the reference to Elhaz or Eolh because I instinctively think of Algiz.

Algiz or Elhaz, this is it:  Image

MoonGoddess

Pictures

Post by MoonGoddess » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:06 am

Maybe we could put the pictures of the Runes in each of these threads so people wouldn't get confused.  I am so easily confused these days...lol

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 pm

A good suggestion. Revamping the Rune Dictionary is clearly in order.  Wish I had your energy MoonG!  You strike me as a pretty sharp gal, I don't think of you as confused.

MoonGoddess

Thanks Earl

Post by MoonGoddess » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:11 am

Some times I don't feel like the sharpest tool in the shed but hey what can you do.  I will search for different rune avatars or something and show you, if you like.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Some good links you have there MoonG.  When I get a moment, I want to bounce some rune images off you to see which ones might work best for an official rune posting in the forum.  Have to run, but wanted to at least answer this and a couple of other posts.  Goddess Bless!

Return to “Runes”