How to Read Runes 2

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Re: Free Rune reading website

Post by MoonGoddess » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:26 am

FloridaLightWorker wrote:There is an old website that gives you Rune readings, Tarot and I Ching too.
All for free!

It is fun to learn the meanings of Runes while finding out answers to your questions.

http://www.facade.com

Enjoy in JOY!

:smt051
Just went onto that site, very good.  All the same though I would prefer my own runes.  I get more of a feeling with them, and feels more accurate.  That is what I am off to do now and ask them the question, I want answered.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 pm

I don't think that any electronic format is a substitute for handling the runes personally (agreeing with MoonGoddess 100%, of course).  That and putting one's self in the right frame of mind, basically calm and not agitated, so as to best cast the runes and interpret them correctly. A mind not at peace may not always see the message in the mysteries of the runes.  Something that happened to me recently, although MoonG saved the day with a better interpretation :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Funnily enough I think a lot of problems possibly occur because in electronic format no reverance or grace is shown, rarely do people centre themselves and approach the reading with any kind of preparation? In person, we have to prepare ourselves for the contact in what ever way we are used to. We perhaps ground, protect and ask for guidance, then welcome and join with the runes ( or tarot etc) and only then do we actually start the reading. Otherwise it's... oooh press this and Bingo a reading...?  The preparation maybe the key to the contact and tuning in to get a good link and therefore a good reading?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Yeah, preparation is critical (like you said, Gem).  My miscues, when they happen, are from lack of preparation and centering (what I think of calm and at peace, I assume that's what you mean???). Otherwise, it's just like the Magic 8-Ball... hurry up and gimme an answer. The bane and fruit of technology is an impatient society.  The good things we work for, strive for, learn and meditate over.  It's not about pushing a button or holding up to scientific assessment.  It's about belief in self and something more and that we participate enthusiastically in our readings.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Yep, calm, peace, turning our thoughts inward, paying attention, centering our thoughts on the job.

Going Ohhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm or just deep breathing, so many ways :)

MoonGoddess

Peaceful Mind

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 am

This is probably why I haven't read runes for quite some time, as I have never had the time to quite my mind.  Today should be fun as I am looking after my friends little girl, which the poor wee thing keeps on going to the front door and crying cause she misses her mother.

I do have moments of clarity though when I can sit down and either read my runes or do something spiritual.  Mmm definately not at the moment :(

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:42 am

Hey, I can understand that. Sometimes I force it which often leads to less than impressive results.

MoonGoddess

Concentration

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:48 am

Mmm a bit of silence while the little angels are asleep.  The most I have done so far as spirituallity and Runes lately is sleeping with my Runes under my pillow.  Give you a hell of a lot of dreams, I'll tell you now.  I woke up from a couple of nights ago sending Elhaz to everyone in the house and asking for the Goddess to Protect us all.  Can't remember what the dream was about but I think I was being attacked.  I must admit besides Dreams I have become very close to my runes and am able to bring up runes as I need them in every day life.  Although I have been using them for a long time I still find it hard to remember the order they go in, but I remember what they do and what they mean.  My memory is shocking.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:59 am

I think the runes are too powerful to put under a pillow.  Definitely you have a connection with the runes.  Order they go in?  That's not terribly significant.  Knowing the meaning is.  I think your memory focuses on the important :)

MoonGoddess

A Time to Reflect

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:56 am

I guess I put them under my pillow as that is really the only time I can reflect, as during the day I have to have eyes in the back of my head and the ability to see around corners.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:54 am

I thought women had that skill inherently.  Still, it probably does distract from meditative and reflective thought.

MoonGoddess

Lol

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 am

Oopse did I give away of one of womens mystries?  In actual fact it is a great deal with listening and when there is no noise there is most likely something wrong.  I am sure after Bridget is a bit older I will have it all down pact and be able to say it with some truth behind it...lol

LA RUNA

SOME ? ABOUT RUNES

Post by LA RUNA » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:55 am

Hello, I am new to Runes, but have known about them for a while.  I read that you should make your own runes so that your energy is in them.  What is the best material for making them? Thanks.

MoonGoddess

Re: SOME ? ABOUT RUNES

Post by MoonGoddess » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:57 am

LA RUNA wrote:Hello, I am new to Runes, but have known about them for a while.  I read that you should make your own runes so that your energy is in them.  What is the best material for making them? Thanks.
If you go to the section called Rune Dictionary, there is a post there called Wood Runes or words to those effect.  Every body has different oppinions on this but Wooden Runes are the best as they contain all five elements in Celtic beliefs and where the runes originated from in Norse belief they held wood as sacred to.  It contains Ond (.. above the O) this is life force.

The two mediums I use is wood and stone which are both good mediums, but wood stands out as the best medium to use.  Hope this helps. :)

Return to “Runes”