Runes from Misty-Midnight

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

EarlofLeicester

Runes from Misty-Midnight

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:07 am

Last month I won Misty-Midnight's contest for her runes which she made.  I wanted to first thank her for that wonderful gift.  Thank you!  It was very generous, she even refused payment for postage.  Such kindness is rare in the R/W.

Here are the runes.  The runes are next to the keyboard's CTRL and ALT keys so you can get a sense of proportion:

They are large, solid runes, which gives them a good feel in the hand, and not tiddly-wink sized which may make them less conducive to casting.  They are made of wood, which is the best source material for runes according to everyone expert in the subject, with branded rune images, for an authentic feel to them.  Authenticity is so important.  To emulate the Germanic people of old, to feel the runes they way Odin and Freya did, well, that is the point.  Without that, I wouldn't try.  Runes aren't a Ouija board for me; I need to know who's on the other end.

Only one small issue and that is that the Naudhiz and the Gebo look very similar (at first I thought that I received 2 Gebos).  But that is an issue with the symbols themselves.  Naudhiz and Gebo are similar looking period and that is an issue that is from the Germanic people of a long time ago and not Ms. Misty-Midnight.  I suspect branding runes (to say nothing of making them) is not the easiest of tasks yet Ms. Misty-Midnight produced fine quality runes.

Lastly, the runes feel right.  Hardly a technical term, but an item (be it a rune or whatever) either calls to your soul or it doesn't.  I suspect that Misty crafted these with the right sentiments to make them receptive to me when I received them.  I do not perform any rites of consecration, but I do attune to them.  They feel right in my hand, more than pewter did, and they were much easier to perform a casting with than pewter.

And maybe say hello to Misty (she's a member here, but you all probably know that!)

Nicole

Re: Runes from Misty-Midnight

Post by Nicole » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:30 pm

EarlofLeicester wrote:Last month I won Misty-Midnight's contest for her runes which she made.  I wanted to first thank her for that wonderful gift.  Thank you!  It was very generous, she even refused payment for postage.  Such kindness is rare in the R/W.
Misty,

You did a Dynamic job on them runes sister. Very, very nice...
Thanks for sharing Earl~!!

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:28 am

congrats Earl. :)

i hope you enjoy your prize.

And misty *HUGS*

for me you are the member of the month. and making the thread a sticky.

Regards,
Abhishek :)

Return to “Runes”