Having a Rune tattooed on you

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

DarkAngelFleck

Yeah, I wanted to get a seven rune tattoos

Post by DarkAngelFleck » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:39 am

I wanted to get seven runes down the center of my chest. kind've with the whole chakra Idea but I wasn't quite sure on how i'd pick each rune... any suggestions?

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:31 pm

I was wondering why you don't use the sanskrit symbols for each chakra instead? If you use the wrong rune you will end up with a very powerful and permanent mistake!

Meg

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 am

Mystic Meg wrote:I was wondering why you don't use the sanskrit symbols for each chakra instead? If you use the wrong rune you will end up with a very powerful and permanent mistake!

Meg
I would go with what Mystic Meg has said here, as Runes are not really for tattoos unless you truely know each one individually.  Although I have gone into Runic Chakras on my blog, but as I stated in previous posts about Runic Tattoos, Tattoos are permanent and they won't go away.  Even as blood is the most powerful way to invoke each rune, so in getting a Tattoo you are invoking each rune.  If your tattooist gets it wrong it could cause dire consequences.  I would stick to Henna tattoos until you know, understand and feel each rune it self and become iniated to the Runes.  I don't condone Tattoos normally and I am becoming more and more against Runic Tattoos the more people ask about them.  Thank you Mystic Meg for you wise comments, on this subject they make much sense.

MG
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Solwynn

Post by Solwynn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:11 am

I've got runes tattooed on me and nothing dire ever came of it. I know many people who have gotten runic tattoos and nothing ever happened to them as a result. Like any tattoo, this is a permanent artistic statement on your body. Choose the tattoo artist carefully and put lots of thought into your tattoo, no matter what you choose to get. I used to work in a tattoo shop years ago and would cringe inwardly at the people who would come in looking for roses, dolphins, and fairies "just because". I used to joke with the tattoo artist that I wanted her to give me a skeleton wearing a top hat, riding a unicorn with fairy wings, surrounded by a ring of dolphins, and we'd both laugh. Then one day she tried to do it, LOL!!!

A lot of that stuff has to do with intent. If you get something with intent to a specific end, then you create your own reality on that one. The only thing I caution against is writing words and phrases in runes. I know too many young fellows walking around with "Metal", "Viking Metal", "Metal Rules" (do we see a trend forming here.....) or other equally testosterone-laden phrases about honour, guts, glory, and fighting......and its really hard not to point and laugh. It always reminds me of that song "Pretty Fly For A White Guy".

:D
The mighty oak was once a tiny acorn that stood its ground.

Return to “Runes”