Has anyone made their own Runes???

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AlmaBella44

Has anyone made their own Runes???

Post by AlmaBella44 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:50 am

I've never worked with Runes but am interested in trying them out.  Has anyone made their own Runes?  Are store-bought Runes better than making your own?  

Thanks,

tomas

Post by tomas » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:57 pm

Hi AlmaBella44,

Runes are interesting and easy to make. I've found that the ones I've made myself and properly consecrated with the blood ritual have been the most truthful. Some folks like runes made from stone, some prefer wood from a tree that bears fruit, although almost all trees bear fruit of some kind. I prefer wood because it's easier to work with and lighter to carry.The links below have an enormous amount of info about runes and some directions and advice for novice runemakers. I make and sell wooden runes, but not over the internet. They all go to a couple of metaphysical shops close to home. LOL I can't seem to make enough to go around. The ones I make to sell aren't consecrated with the blood ritual but I do charge 'em with Reiki before I take 'em to the shop. The sets all have an instruction sheet that explains how and why you should consecrate them and a simple explanation of how to use 'em.

If you decide that buyng a set is the best way for you to acquire them, be sure to read the section at the first link about consecrating 'em to make them truly yours. I use several methods of divination but I find the runes are generally the most accurate.

sunnyway.com/runes/

tarahill.com/runes/

runeschool.org/index.htm

ravenfamily.org/andyg/runes.htm

Have fun!

tomas

Joshua Vail

Rune making

Post by Joshua Vail » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:35 pm

I have been making my own runes for close to a decade, as long as they are blessed prorerly and for the correct time frame I feel any material can be ured to make them. My first set were river stones that i painted the staves on. The next few sets were carved from different types of wood. Different wood types symbolize different things depending on what school of thought or path you may be using them with. My own set now is made from deer antler which I truelly laboured on. But the energy and concentration taken to create them charged them and was very meditative. I use Edred Thorsson's references for the most part but have found a great deal of other material which lays down the ritual and material aspect of Rune making and use.

AlmaBella44

Post by AlmaBella44 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 am

Thank you both for your responses. Sorry it took me so long...I was away on vacation. I'll take a look at those links and see what I like :)
YAHAIRA

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Wayne W. Dyer

"Believe it and you'll see it. Know it and you'll be it." Wayne W. Dyer

Laura

Good Runes Link

Post by Laura » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:59 pm

Hi AlmaBella44, no i haven't made my own, i'm still studying them in depth. Although here is a great link to read about them and to make your own.

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/
***In life shoot for the Moon, if you miss you'll always land among the stars***

Laura G

moondancer86

Post by moondancer86 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:09 am

I tried, but I guess I lack the patients...I tried it with oak, it takes along time to make....I got about 2 of them done..then i gave up..LOL

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 pm

moondancer86 wrote:I tried, but I guess I lack the patients...I tried it with oak, it takes along time to make....I got about 2 of them done..then i gave up..LOL
Not all of us have the patience to make them, I guess.  I know I wouldn't be patient, so I didn't try.  I do believe that regardless of where they come from, if you make them yours (see previous links on consecration or what have you), that they will respond to you.

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:55 am

I'm making a set for meditation. I'm sketching them out, then inking the outlines in red ink. I'm finishing them off by coloring them (colored pencil) according to color correspondances. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this, and I'm unsure of how effective these will be as a meditation aid. When I'm done making them, perhaps I will begin on a set of runestones for divination.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:27 am

karpocrates wrote:I'm making a set for meditation. I'm sketching them out, then inking the outlines in red ink. I'm finishing them off by coloring them (colored pencil) according to color correspondances. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this, and I'm unsure of how effective these will be as a meditation aid. When I'm done making them, perhaps I will begin on a set of runestones for divination.
I've never tried using them for meditation, although I have read that it is a good practice, to take a rune per day and meditate upon it's meaning.  I have mostly taken the divination approach.  Love your avatar!

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:58 am

Thank you. I am hoping that by creating them in this way, I will forge a stronger link with them.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:24 am

karpocrates wrote:I'm making a set for meditation. I'm sketching them out, then inking the outlines in red ink. I'm finishing them off by coloring them (colored pencil) according to color correspondances. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this, and I'm unsure of how effective these will be as a meditation aid. When I'm done making them, perhaps I will begin on a set of runestones for divination.
Hello again karpocrates,

Gee, will you post to us and let us know how they turned out~?
I don't have my own set of runes still... I have words I use everyday.. I pull one out and use that one for the day... There in this silky nylon with ribbons and beads, very pretty kinda a purple color and my stones are clear with block writing.. I use them like I would runes kinda sorta..lol My bag gets so hot and my stones. I wanna pick them all out, but I don't, just one and focus on just that one for my day being...

ps,
Earl I knew you would love his image~!!...lol
Ñícolé

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:15 pm

In the first place, is it correct or good to be making ur own Runes instead of buying them??

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:06 pm

karpocrates wrote:Thank you. I am hoping that by creating them in this way, I will forge a stronger link with them.
What do you plan to make the runes out of?  Just curious.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Vishwas wrote:In the first place, is it correct or good to be making ur own Runes instead of buying them??
My understanding, from what I have read, is that it is always more preferable to make them (if you have the skill and time) than to buy them.  This allows a special opportunity to consecrate them to the Norse Gods.  The same experts, citing the practice of the Germanic peoples 1000+ years ago, point to wood as the medium of choice, because it has the greatest connection to life as a rune material.  Painting the runic symbol is fine, of course, but finishes and other materials that smother the organic nature of the wood are not.

Having said all that, I bought my set, and they are pewter wafers (which ranks lower than stones (which comes after wood), although there was sentimentality attached to my choice.  (My oldest blog entries recount that tale).

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:13 pm

karpocrates wrote:Thank you. I am hoping that by creating them in this way, I will forge a stronger link with them.
Keeping the runes close to you so they can bond with you, according to experts, is a very praiseworthy activity.

Return to “Runes”