Has anyone made their own Runes???

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

misty-midnightrain

Runes

Post by misty-midnightrain » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:31 pm

I make my own runes and find that this really makes them more personal to you. I have sold several sets to others and they really enjoy them. I always charge them before I sell them and give them instructions on how to make them attuned to them personally. I always feel like when you make anything with your own hands that they will always work better since they have your energy in them.
Blessed Be
Misty-midnightrain

Nicole

Re: Runes

Post by Nicole » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:18 pm

misty-midnightrain wrote:I make my own runes and find that this really makes them more personal to you. I have sold several sets to others and they really enjoy them. I always charge them before I sell them and give them instructions on how to make them attuned to them personally. I always feel like when you make anything with your own hands that they will always work better since they have your energy in them.
Blessed Be
Nice to meet you misty-midnightrain,  :smt006

That's so neat you make your own.. You run a store also~? Just asking.. I like to brose about.. He-He~!!
Ñícolé

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:16 am

Nicole wrote:
karpocrates wrote:I'm making a set for meditation. I'm sketching them out, then inking the outlines in red ink. I'm finishing them off by coloring them (colored pencil) according to color correspondances. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this, and I'm unsure of how effective these will be as a meditation aid. When I'm done making them, perhaps I will begin on a set of runestones for divination.
Hello again karpocrates,

Gee, will you post to us and let us know how they turned out~?
I don't have my own set of runes still... I have words I use everyday.. I pull one out and use that one for the day... There in this silky nylon with ribbons and beads, very pretty kinda a purple color and my stones are clear with block writing.. I use them like I would runes kinda sorta..lol My bag gets so hot and my stones. I wanna pick them all out, but I don't, just one and focus on just that one for my day being...

ps,
Earl I knew you would love his image~!!...lol
I will do that, although it may take some time. I never complete more than one per day, and I don't always have time in my day to make one each day.

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:23 am

Vishwas wrote:In the first place, is it correct or good to be making ur own Runes instead of buying them??
Yes, it is concidered by most serious students of runes, as well as vitki's and such to be a sacred act. The runes are not the actual runestaves, but instead are forces. Think of the Tatwas, and you should have some idea of the depth of the runes beyond their physical form. The idea is to absorb the runes on a spiritual level. One way of doing this is by creating your own, dying them with your own blood (some people use red ochre, but some literaly bleed onto the runes), and by chanting their names (called galdr). Don't think of the runes as a one dimensional tool for divination, but rather as a part of a path that holds much in common with certain types of yoga.

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:25 am

EarlofLeicester wrote:
karpocrates wrote:Thank you. I am hoping that by creating them in this way, I will forge a stronger link with them.
What do you plan to make the runes out of?  Just curious.
I would really like to one day have a set made of yew, but I imagine yew would be really hard to get, not to mention I have heard that it is extremely hard to carve, and is poisonous besides! So I'll create my first set out of a cherry wood dowel...

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:46 am

karpocrates wrote:
EarlofLeicester wrote:
karpocrates wrote:Thank you. I am hoping that by creating them in this way, I will forge a stronger link with them.
What do you plan to make the runes out of?  Just curious.
I would really like to one day have a set made of yew, but I imagine yew would be really hard to get, not to mention I have heard that it is extremely hard to carve, and is poisonous besides! So I'll create my first set out of a cherry wood dowel...
Awww, cherry wood.. Great choice in color~!!  :smt003
Ñícolé

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Plus that whole advantage in avoiding poison...

misty-midnightrain

Runes

Post by misty-midnightrain » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 pm

I have mad several sets of Runes and since I am wiccan I add power to them thru rituals, I sell these to a small shop in town and people that buy them are pretty pleased. I would be willing to give 1 free set away to the first person who Emails me and request them . Then try them out and see if they work for you. ONLY the 1st person who requests them will get these runes. I thought this would keep the board moving along . And I also do spells and such. So keep watching the Mystic Board for other Free offers.
Blessed Be
Misty-midnightrain

Nicole

Re: Runes

Post by Nicole » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:45 pm

misty-midnightrain wrote:I have mad several sets of Runes and since I am wiccan I add power to them thru rituals, I sell these to a small shop in town and people that buy them are pretty pleased. I would be willing to give 1 free set away to the first person who Emails me and request them . Then try them out and see if they work for you. ONLY the 1st person who requests them will get these runes. I thought this would keep the board moving along . And I also do spells and such. So keep watching the Mystic Board for other Free offers.
Blessed Be
Well bless your heart and soul...  :)
Ñícolé

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi there!  I sent an e-mail (but didn't post here!)  Well, if it is a choice between me and Nicole, definitely take care of Nicole!

misty-midnightrain

WON RUNES

Post by misty-midnightrain » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:56 pm

EarlofLeicester was the first to email me so you have won the runes. Please email me at debmcphail@aol.com with your name and shipping address I will ship as soon as you get that to me.

Good Luck with them

Blessed Be

I did not get an email from Nicole.
Misty-midnightrain

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Well, the Earl is very lucky and blessed, to say the least.  Thank you!  I was considering buying a set, because I was looking for something more alive  than just pewter and for Elder Futhark instead of Anglo-Saxon.  I don't know if your runes meet that criteria, but I suspect they very well might, but I am looking forward to being surprised.  Do you need any reimbursement for shipping?

Nicole

Congrats Earl~!!

Post by Nicole » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:18 am

I'm glad you E-Mailed right away~!!  :smt003
I'll talk to when I return from N.H. at some point..

Keep the faith my friend...  :smt006

Hugs,
`Nicolè´
Ñícolé

misty-midnightrain

No Shipping

Post by misty-midnightrain » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:49 am

No thanks It is my gift to you.  Enjoy, I will ship on Tuesday.I hope you like them.
Misty-midnightrain

karpocrates

Post by karpocrates » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 am

Nicole wrote: Awww, cherry wood.. Great choice in color~!!  :smt003
Thanks. =)

Return to “Runes”