Cleansing your Runes before use

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Cleansing your Runes before use

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:16 am

Well thought I would bring this topic up as I should be doing this to my runes as they have been shipped around the country and been sitting in my bottom draw gathering dust and cob webbs for over five years.  Sad to say but now I find myself with plenty of time on my hands it is time to get back into it.

I think my first set of Runes I really ever used were my river pebble ones, if you look at my blog you will see what I am talking about.  Once a month I use to take them down to a place called Fitzroy Falls in NSW Australia, and down to the little water fall there.  It is all fenced off now so you can't access were I use to go anymore.  Just before the water fall spilled over the very high cliff there was a small water fall about fifty metres up stream which cascaded gently over boulders and onto one big boulder.  I had to time this right as during the day bush walkers probably would have got a shock of there life seeing a very natural pagan chanting cleansing and empowering rituals over her Runes stones...lol.  So these visits were done early in the morning, and this is what I did.

I would strip down and take my Runes out of their leaver bag placing them on the large boulder the water ran over.  Create a circle of protection and then picking up each stone in tone I would say something like. I cleanse this stone wash away all negative enery with these waters.  After doing this I would thank the Water Sprites for there service and gently dry each rune.  To empower them I would pick up each Rune in turn and chant it's name over and over again until I felt it's energy rise, then I would lay it in the sun and pick up the next one.

Now days I am not so game and don't have the nationaly park near by to do this.  Plus I work with wooden Runes now, which I am not sure how I would go about it as I haven't cleansed them for a while.  So I guess I will meditate over them and cleanse them that way.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm

A lovely way is to use Sage and cedar to smudge them, smoke helps to create a positive energy around the runes, or you could use light, run the runs carefully through the flame of a candle, not the hot part lol.

MoonGoddess

lol burny fingers

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:54 am

Ouch, I am so clumsy I would probably set them alight and burn myself.  Think I will stick to the Sage and Cedar smudge and may be let them sit out in the sun for a bit, I think they would like that.  Thanks Gem

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Don't want any burned fingers, thats for sure!  Watch out for the sun though, some woods will dry out, do you oil them? using essential oils is another lovely way to cleanse.

Hmm anyone seen Earl around here? Wonder if he cleanses or believes in the necessity of it?

MoonGoddess

Was just asking that question yesterday

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 am

I asked flight_of_angelwins that question yesterday, as I send Earl a mother hen pm to see if he was okay.

Will have to try maybe using Rosemary oil or something like that what would you suggest Gem?

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:23 am

Rosemary can cause some irritation for some people If you are going to use essential oils don't forget to dilute them right down with a good quality oil thats suitable for the wood as well as your fingers lol.  My Crystal runes love water and they often lay in the stream bed round here being washed by the running water :)

MoonGoddess

Running water

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:57 am

That's what I loved about my river pebble runes, you could just put them in a stream and let the water do the work.  Thanks for the tip about rosemary oil.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:34 pm

river pebble runes.... that flows off the tongue. they sound beautiful :)

MoonGoddess

Just for show

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 am

Unfortunately since one broke they are just for show as the pebble I use to replace Ehwaz, the energy doesn't seem right any more.  Will have a better look at them when I have time to think about them as for now I use my wooden runes.

Smaug

Post by Smaug » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:11 am

Cleanse using the elements. Also visualise a white light emitting form your hand, surrounding the rune in your hand, and all negativity leaving the Rune.
Blessed be.

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:37 am

Smaug wrote:Cleanse using the elements. Also visualise a white light emitting form your hand, surrounding the rune in your hand, and all negativity leaving the Rune.
Thank you for being productive in your post, it is good advice.

MG

serenaluna

Cleansing and Clearing

Post by serenaluna » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 am

I cleanse using moon water and soaking the runes in the moon water with a bit of blessed rosemary salt, for the moon's energy. Then I like to also put the energy of the Sun through them by leaving them out for an hour in the moon water in the sunlight. I let them air dry then just smudge them with sage one at a time concentrating on each one, while putting my energies into them. I also like to to this to my magickal stones.
Attachments
witches13moonstone.jpg
witches13moonstone.jpg (96.01 KiB) Viewed 8749 times

ladyhawke999

Post by ladyhawke999 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm

I cleanse my runes putting them on the grass of my garden on a full moon night  (hwne it's not raining) before smudging with Cedar, since I can't put them on water they are made of wood oak.
Ladyhawke999

tarottart

runes

Post by tarottart » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:12 am

Serenaluna what a beautiful set of rune stones you have, thanks for letting us see them.  I also like the running stream water plus after like to hold them over a mixture of frankincense and myrhh incense after cleansing them.

Jayman

Post by Jayman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 pm

I put my Runes (and stones/gems too) on the window sill to collect natural sunlight and moonlight to capture those natural energies.

Additional cleansing for me includes just holding them. To hold them one at a time and bond with it. To exchange energy. Then I put them away without even doing a reading.

Return to “Runes”