Rune cleansing.

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pook

Rune cleansing.

Post by Pook » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Hello, extreme noob question. I have a friend who reads tarot and I believe he smudges them for cleansing purposes. I was given a bag of old runes by my father and I was wondering if there was any practice for "cleansing" runes?

Gem

Re: Rune cleansing.

Post by Gem » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Pook wrote:Hello, extreme noob question. I have a friend who reads tarot and I believe he smudges them for cleansing purposes. I was given a bag of old runes by my father and I was wondering if there was any practice for "cleansing" runes?
Hi Pook, I posted a thread about smudging that might interest you :) http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 9469#99469

Runes can collect energies the same way that any other object can, and many people use smudging (smoke) which is a dry process to cleanse them. Other methods are light, sound, colour, reiki, intent, chants, sunlight and moonlight. If your runes are wood then you will need a safe method that won't harm them. Many have success with using cleansing essential oils such as cedar or sage. If they are stone then you can also use fresh running water, mountain streams, waterfalls, rockpools or the sea. Some people will dowse their wood runes in sacred water too but using this method you must ensure they are dried completely and then perhaps treat them to an oil feed afterwards to stop them cracking.

Your runes sound fantastic by the way :)

Pook

Post by Pook » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:17 am

Thank you so much for your reply. The runes are actually on stone. Its almost therapeutic to hold them and feel them in your hands. Thanks for the advice I will have to see about using your suggestions for my runes. I'm glad to learn more about them and will be popping about the forum more for info, great link!

-Pook

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:59 am

Pook wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. The runes are actually on stone. Its almost therapeutic to hold them and feel them in your hands. Thanks for the advice I will have to see about using your suggestions for my runes. I'm glad to learn more about them and will be popping about the forum more for info, great link!

-Pook
Hi Pook

I found when I had stone runes I could go down to a stream and cleanse them in there, holding them in my hand and letting the water run over them.  Then I would put them on a rock in the sun to dry and absorb the suns energy.  I would then pray over each rune in turn, re-energising them and then place them back in there bag.

In between readings I blow on them and shuffle them in the bag with my right hand concentrating on cleansing them.  I only do this if I don't have the option or the time to give them a proper cleansing.  You can also leave them out in your garden in a sunny spot and the sun will do the job for you.  But best is to let water flow over them, so if you can't get to a stream use water from a spring which you can buy bottled, it is better then tap water.

MG
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Pook

Post by Pook » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Thank you that is very good advice. There are a few small running streams around my mom's house so I will have to get out there and see about some rune cleansing. Letting them dry in the sun, I hadn't thought of that. I bet they feel nice and warm after they dry!

Once again I very much appreciate the feedback.

Return to “Runes”