Starting off with Runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Solwynn

Post by Solwynn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 pm

ridaibhi wrote:I have a really bad memory. I am unable to remember the simplest of things. I think I may have to give your method a go. I have been studying and reading runes for a few years but still have problems remembering them all. Maybe this will help.

Thanks for the tip
One of the things that we do as a family is go for rune walks. We decide on a rune for the day (doing it in the order of the aetts is the easiest way) and then we look for either images of the rune in the world around us, or manifestations of the rune in action. As an example, the other night we went rune walking for Mannaz. We found two examples in one spot: we saw the rune physically represented in the criss-crossed scaffolding of a construction site, and we saw the constructions workers and homeowners working together cooperatively in a manner that contributes to the benefit of the community (the home in question was a Habitat for Humanity project).

We take pictures of things and my son makes collages out of it. Even I've snuck into his room to have a look at them sometimes, just to jog my memory on things.

This might be something for you to consider because you will only have to focus on one rune at a time, and you'll be relating it to things in your own environment.

~Solwynn
The mighty oak was once a tiny acorn that stood its ground.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Runes”