can runes attract people?

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

foxfyre

can runes attract people?

Post by foxfyre » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:57 am

I was setting up a laptop in this old British Army gent. As soon as I walked into his cabin I was immediately drawn to a hung over this man's fire place. It was two metal runes nailed to a black board. The rune that was used is in the germanic rune alphabet. the letter "E" or Eihwaz.  l

I am curious to know the meaning of these two runes placed side by side. It seems that it's burned into my mind but I have no idea why. I am of Celtic and germanic descent so I'm wondering if that could be the reason for this strange connection to this rune,
Attachments
E-germanic_runes.jpg
E-germanic_runes.jpg (9.81 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
FoXfYrE

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:48 am

Eiwhaz is the horse rune, in ancient European paganism horse were sacred.  It is the nineteenth stave in the Elder Futhark.  It is connected with bringing things together in an unbreakable bond.  It helps us create the movement we need to undertake a task of life that our Wyrd has set for us. A rune of transformation and valuable at the start of a psychic journy.  This is Freyjas rune.  It can be used to assist any alterations of life such as moving house.

Isa which I think is the next rune you stated is the rune of ice, static energy.  It is use in bind runes to keep the energy within.  Isa is the eleveth rune in the Elder Futhark, it represents the present time and is usually used to stop any activity.  When you think of ice, it once was water and through loss of energy turned into Ice.  Ice can move we see this in glaciers and it does so with irresistible force.  You know the saying it is just the tip of the ice burg well, like an iceburg Isa also has hidden depths.  So in saying this although Isa may seem like it has small results there will always be hidden and unsuspecting depths.  Isa can be used to delay progress of something or to terminate a relationship.

Will have to stop there baby to feed write more later

MG
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:07 pm

I am also of Celtic and Germanic descent and one day I was playing a board game with my son (which has runes in it) and I won a rune in the game (it was Dagaz, the "D" rune) and I felt it call me, draw me, however you want to describe it.  In my case, the attraction was not to that rune in particular (though I like Dagaz) but to the runes in general.
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Return to “Runes”