Rune help

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jennifercrowe

Rune help

Post by jennifercrowe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:48 am

I am needing a little bit of help with runes.  I know the meanings to them but I have a hard time putting them together. Can someone please help?

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Do you mean putting the runes together in a spread or making the meanings flow in a reading? There are many spreads to use and also many ways of giving readings with the runes too. One for daily guidance or more for a message of energies :)

BlueFox

Re: Rune help

Post by BlueFox » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:48 pm

jennifercrowe wrote:I am needing a little bit of help with runes.  I know the meanings to them but I have a hard time putting them together. Can someone please help?
That is something you just learn in time with lot of rune readings. One thing that helps is that you try to keep the reading simple enough. And how you do that ... First,  make good, well thought question ... make simple and clear question. Second, take just one to three runes. Start with simple things.

Good luck!  :smt006
Creativity is the shortest way to happiness!

MoonGoddess

Re: Rune help

Post by MoonGoddess » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:48 pm

jennifercrowe wrote:I am needing a little bit of help with runes.  I know the meanings to them but I have a hard time putting them together. Can someone please help?
Hi Jennifer, you could possible mean two things so I will start with my first assumption:

When reading runes you are finding it hard to connect the runes in your spread.  Dependent on which spread you use it can be simple, each rune has its place take the celtic cross spread Past, Present, Future, Hinder and Help.  Do not bother with connecting them in this spread as they are although connected they have separate jobs so to speak.   I will give you an example of a reading.

Past
Jera:  Would mean that this persons situation in the past has been them reaping the rewards for their hard work  (here is the connection bit).  Dependent on the next rune although it is the Present will tell you whether Jera means that meaning or Justice meaning the person would have had legal issues.  It is neither good or bad as it could go either way.

Present
Kenaz:  At the moment this person is learning, studying being creative using their hands.  It also means that this person is in a happy place for Kenaz is the torch and when a person is in light they feel safe and understand more about things which have previously been in the dark.  It can also mean romance.  So going back to the past if you cast a rune like Kenaz in the present position I would go with the reaping the rewards for work that has been done.  If it is legal the outcome will be positive.

Okay we will go with a negative rune cast for the present:
Hagal:  Although Hagal is not necessarily negative it is distructive and can mean the person is living in the past and not moving forward.  It can mean delays so if the past was a legal matter it could mean that it is on going and being held up by someone you don't know ie a public servant is causing problems due to red tape.  It will put a negative take on the havest of work done too but if the other runes in the cast are positive the effects will not last long.

Hopefully you can understand that if not feel free to contact me.  I am not on here that often though but if you send me a PM I will get a notification in my email.

The second assumption is that you are finding it hard to remember the runes in order.  It may help to write the three Aetts out once at a time but in line version like when you were naughty at school and the teacher made you write hundreds of lines of worthless stuff which only made you remember something really silly...lol.  You could try writing flash cards and keep them in order and just go over and over them until you remember the order.  To tell you the truth although I have been practicing for over ten years now I still have trouble remembering the order.  It is though essential when creating your own set or doing ritual work to have them in order if you have to say the lot of them.  I hope this help although it may be a little long winded.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Return to “Runes”