Reading Runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Lady of Avalon

Reading Runes

Post by Lady of Avalon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:42 pm

I was discussing this over the weekend with some friends and I was amazed how many don't like runes because they see them as strict meanings and hard to learn. They don't feel the carving or the runes they just throw them down and then reach for the book :( To me that is so sad. Does anyone else read the runes intuitively? Add your own enhanced meanings, draw on what the sign makes you feel and the emotions it conjures up?
Do you use runic signs every day for protection or spellwork?

BlueFox

Re: Reading Runes

Post by BlueFox » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Lady of Avalon wrote:I was discussing this over the weekend with some friends and I was amazed how many don't like runes because they see them as strict meanings and hard to learn. They don't feel the carving or the runes they just throw them down and then reach for the book :( To me that is so sad. Does anyone else read the runes intuitively? Add your own enhanced meanings, draw on what the sign makes you feel and the emotions it conjures up?
Do you use runic signs every day for protection or spellwork?
Hi Lady of Avalon ... :smt006 When I started reading runes ... about some twenty years ago ... at that time I also used books ... after a while ... I remembered all runes and their interpretations by hard. ... Soon I started to add my intuition into reading ... so now I have in my reading mixtures of both! The most important is the hard ... so the intuition matters a great deal. :smt049 LoL  :smt007
Creativity is the shortest way to happiness!

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 pm

What about reading from rune cards? I have a friend that gives fantastic readings from them and I have just got myself a set too :)

BlueFox

Post by BlueFox » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Oh ... is there cards too ... hmmm ... I've never seen or even known they exists ... I suppose they are ok. I think it's important to learn the language of the runes and to learn to communicate with the runes and powers  behind them. So, I think the interaction between that person who asks and the runes is the beginning of the runes reading process... the one who reads the runes is like a interpreter who understands the language and she/he enters the process after the question is set for the runes. So I don't think it really matters if it's a book or cards or learned with some master etc. After you've learned the language your intuition becomes stronger and of course more important too. That's how I see it.

I hope you have fun with your cards ... the more you do readings for other people, the faster you enter the next level. It's nice to know there are more of them who are keen on runes. Good luck, lady of Avalon.
Creativity is the shortest way to happiness!

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks,

I find that the rune card deck fits easily into my purse, whereas my rune set clunks around lol so I dont carry it, I do know the individual rune shapes and meanings and I am taking to my cards more than the wood ones now lol, :) Really nice feeling they have and I think I will make a set of my own rune cards now :)
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:54 pm

I was curious about the meanings to the Runes.  I am not familiar enough with them yet to interpret my own meanings, and the meaning sheet that I got with my set doesn't seem right to me.  It told me that if the rune is reversed that it means not enough or too much of whatever the rune stands for.  My gut tells me this is wrong, but I don't know where to look for the right meanings.  Do you have any sites that could help me out?? thanks!! :)
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Rising Sun

Post by Rising Sun » Thu May 08, 2008 10:37 am

Hi Bandit,

You can't beat Cassandra Eason's site for this simple information :)

http://www.cassandraeason.co.uk/making_runes.htm

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:59 pm

I couldn't find the reversed readings there
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Return to “Runes”