Amethyst Runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Lycona

Amethyst Runes

Post by Lycona » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:22 pm

My first introduction to divination of any kind was with runes.  I'm not sure why -- they just made sense to me.  After purchasing a Rider-Waite tarot deck, I didn't get much from it, so instead I used my runes for the purpose of divination.  I liked them a lot better.

My first set was made of clay, but I traded them in for a set of amethyst runes since the gal I traded with didn't have much luck with runes and wanted to try something else.  

I'm a triple earth sign, so anything with rock or stone in it works really well for me.  I've seen citrine, onyx, and crystal rune sets that were very beautiful.  Other than wood and clay and rock, has anyone used another medium for a rune set?  If someone used stone, what kind of stone is their rune set?  Anyone have an unusual one?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste great with ketchup.

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:26 am

Hi there Lycona, this topic should really have been posted in the actual Runes forum and not the Reading Room.  I am no longer moderator of this forum as I don't get on enough any more.

Anyway to answer your question, I have a set of wooden ones which work rather well for me.  I have just made a set of clay ones to sell but have not used them.  It will be interesting when I finish putting the finishing touchs on them as to how they feel.  My first set were a set of river pebbles which I loved but when one broke I could not use them any more even after I created a new Ehwaz to replace the other one that had sheared in half from too much travelling...lol.

For the moderators please move this topic to the Runes forum.  Thank you MG

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Done :)

I have many sets of runes and some of my favourite are carved stone, they definately last longer and are pretty, especially my Amethyst and Citrine ones :)

I have a carved set of ash runes and alos a femo clay set I made that work very well too :)

Return to “Runes”