Buying Runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Mon May 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi, I have recently pruchased a black and white glass runes set, I have always wanted this set and I'm quite exited. This will be my second set of runes. I have never felt so connected to tarot. I like the images of tarot decks and the mysticism surrounding them. i have had more than 2 sets of tarot cards and boy did i try to read them, but I don't think i could be a good tarot reader. It's just not my thing. On the other hand I have always felt connected to runes. They have always worked for me

Bandit81101 wrote: Does anybody have a good sight online that I can find the meanings to until I get more comfortable with them?  Thanks in advance!! :)
did you try the Mystic Board Learn Runes software?
life is real when you are dreaming, life is a dream when you are realing

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Rising_Sun wrote:Hi, I have recently pruchased a black and white glass runes set, I have always wanted this set and I'm quite exited. This will be my second set of runes. I have never felt so connected to tarot. I like the images of tarot decks and the mysticism surrounding them. i have had more than 2 sets of tarot cards and boy did i try to read them, but I don't think i could be a good tarot reader. It's just not my thing. On the other hand I have always felt connected to runes. They have always worked for me

Bandit81101 wrote: Does anybody have a good sight online that I can find the meanings to until I get more comfortable with them?  Thanks in advance!! :)
did you try the Mystic Board Learn Runes software?
I looked, but there were dozens of names and I haven't learned them all yet lol  guess I should study up :)
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Tue May 13, 2008 8:32 am

Bandit81101 wrote:
I looked, but there were dozens of names and I haven't learned them all yet lol  guess I should study up :)
If what you want is a runes meanings guide I recommend you the http://www.learnrunes.com/download-mb-f ... unes.html/ Runes software. it's a really good way to learn runes for it comes with all the normal, reversed and markstave meanings of runes, the program also comes with quizzes to see how much you have learned. there are also other runes related program that can be very useful for runes readers such as runes dictionary software, etc...

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Rising_Sun wrote:If what you want is a runes meanings guide I recommend you the http://www.learnrunes.com/download-mb-f ... unes.html/ Runes software. it's a really good way to learn runes for it comes with all the normal, reversed and markstave meanings of runes, the program also comes with quizzes to see how much you have learned. there are also other runes related program that can be very useful for runes readers such as runes dictionary software, etc...
Is this one that requires posts to unlock??  I haven't gotten into all of that yet and so I do not know how to do it yet lol :)  So thought I'd ask to see if this was what it required :)
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Bandit, All the Mystic Board softwares work for free without the unlock code, but you have several hundred posts so that won't be a problem anyway, why not try the download and see it is free :)

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Gem wrote:Hi Bandit, All the Mystic Board softwares work for free without the unlock code, but you have several hundred posts so that won't be a problem anyway, why not try the download and see it is free :)
Thank you very much  :smt003   I'll give it a try :)

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Tue May 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Bandit81101 wrote:
Is this one that requires posts to unlock??  I haven't gotten into all of that yet and so I do not know how to do it yet lol :)  So thought I'd ask to see if this was what it required :)
that sofware requires 25 posts to get its unlock code, but that won't be a problem for you, seeing that your number of posts is 467  :smt002 . All  softwares work just aswell without the unlock code anyway. I guess the code has been made to support the forum...

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Rising_Sun wrote:
Bandit81101 wrote:
that sofware requires 25 posts to get its unlock code, but that won't be a problem for you, seeing that your number of posts is 467  :smt002 . All  softwares work just aswell without the unlock code anyway. I guess the code has been made to support the forum...
When I loaded it, it said that it would work fine for 30 days without the unlock code lol so looks like I need to look into getting one to register it :)

streat2222

buying runes

Post by streat2222 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:48 pm

I have found a set of runes at a local thrift store. I am new to the mystic board and am very curious about runes. How many runes are in a set? I don't want to buy a partial set, as they are marked $ 15.00. It looks like maybe 15 runes are in the set. Any help would be greatly appricated. Thank you
Happy always

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Usually 24 or 25 depending on the type of rune.

Have a look at this page from Wikipedia and perhaps print out a pic of the runes and then take it to the shop so you can compare. If its not a full set then you may get them cheaper.

iriseyes

Post by iriseyes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Would selling a set of 25 runes for $8.00 be undercutting someone else business?  I think the witches runes I would sell for $5.00.  But before I set my prices I wanted to be sure I'm not stepping on anyone's  toes.  

What do you think?
Blessed be,
Iriseyes
To thine own self be true!!

Xia

Post by Xia » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:48 pm

$8, or even $5 that is very cheap, what are they made of and how? That is not even minimum wage for an hour. Are they from a sound company or do you make them yourself?
Walk up the steps of life and feel the warmth of the sun, allow the energy to fill your soul and lift your spirit.

iriseyes

Post by iriseyes » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Xia wrote:$8, or even $5 that is very cheap, what are they made of and how? That is not even minimum wage for an hour. Are they from a sound company or do you make them yourself?
I would make these out of clay, different types of fallen wood and possibly making them out of stone.

I am going into the soap, candle, oil and metaphysical business.  I will be making wands as well.  Im trying to figure out how to set my prices.  

BB
iriseyes
Blessed be,
Iriseyes

Lunarvisionwitch

buying runes

Post by Lunarvisionwitch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:53 am

People, if you are serious in working with the runes, I would strictily advise to make your own rune set, rather than purchasing one in the occult shops! Runes you make on your own are certanly more connected to you and your energies. Traditionaly, they can be carved in stone or wood (and it is the only regular way to make them)... and one more thing - traditionaly - THERE IS NO 25th RUNE (BLANK RUNE)! 25th rune just destroys the whole concepcion of the set...
I am the son and the heir
Of the shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and the heir of nothing in particular

iriseyes

Re: buying runes

Post by iriseyes » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:02 am

Lunarvisionwitch wrote:People, if you are serious in working with the runes, I would strictily advise to make your own rune set, rather than purchasing one in the occult shops! Runes you make on your own are certanly more connected to you and your energies. Traditionaly, they can be carved in stone or wood (and it is the only regular way to make them)... and one more thing - traditionaly - THERE IS NO 25th RUNE (BLANK RUNE)! 25th rune just destroys the whole concepcion of the set...
I was going by a local HP when I told her I was going to start making them she said to make sure that I did include the 25th rune.  I know some of the websites I have researched regarding the runes have the 25th rune.  

I do understand your point but if my customers want that blank one Ill be giving them that option.  

BB
Iriseyes
Blessed be,
Iriseyes

Return to “Runes”