Buying Runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bandit81101

Buying Runes

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:56 am

I was actually interested in purchasing some Runes, but I have no idea as to where to buy some, or what kind to get.
Any insite from anybody???  Thanks :)

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:03 am

Bandit81101 wrote:I was actually interested in purchasing some Runes, but I have no idea as to where to buy some, or what kind to get.
Any insite from anybody???  Thanks :)
Most new age shops or occult shops sell them, just have a look around your local area for one and ask in there.  If you don't by chance have one in your local area have a look online, even Ebay.

If you have a look at some of the posts in the Runes Forum you will find ones on wooden and other mediums.  My favourite are wooden and river pebbles.  I just can't get the concept of mixing Crystals with Runes as they both have their separate energies.  At the end of the day it is what jumps off the shelf at you that you will by.  

Before you go looking how about give a call to the universe that you are looking for a set and the universe will deliver.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Bandit have you thought of making your own? They are very easy to make :)

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:56 am

There are no new age stores near here, and unfortunatly my car is dead at the moment so I can't go around looking.

I have never thought of making them, but that is a very interesting idea...Where would I find information on doing that???  I actually don't know all of the symbols or anything that would be placed on them, or what types of materials to use.  Wow, I'm getting a good feeling about this.  I think I'm gonna try it once I figure out what to do :) Thanks so much for the idea :D
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

I did a little research online and found how to actually make them :) But I still have a question if anyone could answer it for me...

It said that there are different types of runes (alphabets and such, I think I already know the material to use) and you should pick the one that works best or speaks to you.  Only the sites I've seen don't list all these types.  One said there were 6 types, another more, and still another said only 3.

Does anyone know what different types of runes there are, and where I could find information on them such as pictures and descriptions of meanings so I can decide for myself which is best for me to make??? Any help would be great!!

Thanks! :D
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:28 am

Bandit look at this old thread about making runes :)   http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=18439

Let us know how you get on won't you please :)

LyndaLBD

Making Runes

Post by LyndaLBD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 pm

I also made a set of runes from the clay you bake in the oven - and then dipped them in the red dirt we have here, a thick mud, then rinsed them off, and they turned a slight sienna red.  I figured that doing so makes them more in tune with the home spirit and thus the answers are closer to that spirit.  The clay you bake in the oven is tons of fun.
LyndaLBD
~stretch your imagination,
     exercise your art!

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 pm

I had decided to use wood from our back meadow.  Well, I was going to ask the trees come spring :)  But I read online that there are different types of symbols to use (i.e. Norse, gothic, celtic, etc...)  That is what confuses me now, and I can't find a good source of information that tells me about all of them so that I can choose what is best for me.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:57 am

Lovley choice Bandit, or you could use wood from the ground that has already dried out :)

Wikipedia has a lot of good information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_alphabet  and although it can change it is a good place to start your search, choose a set that feel right :)

Gem

Re: Making Runes

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:58 am

LyndaLBD wrote:I also made a set of runes from the clay you bake in the oven - and then dipped them in the red dirt we have here, a thick mud, then rinsed them off, and they turned a slight sienna red.  I figured that doing so makes them more in tune with the home spirit and thus the answers are closer to that spirit.  The clay you bake in the oven is tons of fun.
Oh Lynda I so agree, do you have a pic of your runes, I would love to see them if possible :)

My kids have made their own runes from the salt dough they used at school, great fun.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:06 pm

I was looking online, and found a set of runes that call out to me a little.  Fairy Runes.  Wonder if I buy them if they'll speak louder in person :)

LyndaLBD

Talking Runes

Post by LyndaLBD » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Very interesting concept - never thought of them that way, but they need to be very personal to the user.  Tis up to you.
LyndaLBD
~stretch your imagination,
     exercise your art!

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:20 pm

I did a little checking and found out that the only real place near me that sells things like this closed down :(  So as a bday gift to myself I found a set of Blue Tigers Eye Runes online that I just bought, can't wait for them to get here :)  I was looking around, and found several I liked, might have to start my own collection lol  But the Blue Tigers Eye kept popping up at me, so I'm gonna give them a try!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Let us know how you get on :)

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:15 am

I have recieved my Blue Tigers Eye Runes, and I love them.  Feel like they are a part of me.  

My only problem is the "book" that came with it.  Really a sheet that tries to tell me what each rune means.  It tells me what it means right side up and then at the bottom says if reversed it means too much or not enough of whatever right side up means.  

I feel that that can't be quite right.  Does anybody have a good sight online that I can find the meanings to until I get more comfortable with them?  Thanks in advance!! :)

Return to “Runes”