The quantum ocean

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Francis MacMannus

The quantum ocean

Post by Francis MacMannus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 am

Back in the 1970s, I discovered the writings of positive thinkers.  They weren't new.  They had been around for years if now decades (of course, their secret had been around since the beginning).  In the 1980s, I started to read books like THE TAO OF PHYSICS and THE DANCING WU WEI MASTERS.  About a year ago, I discovered the runes.  The same principles apply.  I will expound in later posts.
Once I discovered the quantum ocean where past, present, and future all exist in the here and now, I was able to have an absolute relationship with the absolute and a relative relationship with the relative

Francis MacMannus

More on the quantum ocean

Post by Francis MacMannus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:23 am

Experts psychics like Edgar Cayce knew how to enter into the Quantum Ocean and extract information from the past, present, or future to help themselves and others.  Ancient Runemasters understood that they were using energy that came from the divine source.  Now Mathematicians and Physicists have come to understand that the entire universe is comprised of energy.  When we use the runes, we are tapping into the quantum ocean and using the energies that exists there.  As Ragnar Storyteller says, "We can no longer manifest Thor and Odin, but we can manifest their energies in our own personal auras.
Once I discovered the quantum ocean where past, present, and future all exist in the here and now, I was able to have an absolute relationship with the absolute and a relative relationship with the relative

Francis MacMannus

Rune Energies

Post by Francis MacMannus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm

In my runic studies, I have come to understand the runes to have many meanings.  For example, there is the alphabet meaning which simply assigns a sound to each symbol in the rune collection as with any alphabet.  Fehu althought it comes first in the runic alphabet has the sound of the English F.
Then there is the Runic position which for Fehu is 1.  The energy of the Fehu rune is wealth coming from the original meaning of the rune as cattle as does the first letter of the Gothic, Hebrew, and Greek alphabet.  In early societies, cattle meant wealth, it was used as money is today. Each rune has attached to it a tree, a gemstone, a half-month, an herb, a color, an hour of the day, and Gods and Goddesses as well as its own mythology.  The Fehu rue is a rune of the Aesir and Vanir Gods and Goddesses.  There is also an association made to animals, elements, astrological signs by many, and some people have even made connections to the Tarot.  The Element of Fehu is Fire.  Each rune has a Galdr song which varies depending on which authority you consult.  Fehu, Fehu, Fehu, F f f f f f f f f f, Fu, fa, fi fe. fo, Of, ef, if, af, uf, F f f f f f f f f f is an eample of the galdr song for Fehu.  In devination, Fehu means wealth, power, good fortune (hamingia).    The Anglo-Saxon poem quoted here as translated by R. I. Page: Wealth is a comfort to all men
Yet everyone must give it away freely
If he wants to gain glory in the Lord's sight

There are deeper levels of kenning.  On a deeper level of kenning Fehu is the association with the Vanir diety Niord whose energy should be involked to free yourself from debt.  When you think of Fehu think of a person with out stretched arms toward the divine symbolizing the quantum mind's energy's assistance being petitioned and cattle's horns under yoke .symbolizing domesticated owned cattle.

Francis MacMannus

2nd rune of elder futhark runes, URUZ

Post by Francis MacMannus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am

URUZ is the 2nd symbol of the elder futhark runes and represents the wild aurock. (The aurock is now known as the EXTINCT wild ox once known for it ferocity and strength.)  Its color is green and its gemstone is the emerald.  The half month, according to my trusty copy of The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Runes by Sirona Knight which I use to check my facts, is July 14th-July 29th.  The hour of the day is 1:30-2-30.  It is not necessary to give you the information on the remaining runes since you can simply "do the math."   :)  According to one of my favorite authors, Freya Aswynn, in her book Runes & Feminine Powers NORTHERN MYSTERIES & MAGIC (and yes Francis spelled with and "I" is male and I am), this runes energy is masculine and is the unconscious drive for manifestation.

This rune, Uruz, belongs to the family of the Vanir living in the upper world of Vanaheim.  Where Fehu you remember belong to the element of Fire, URUZ belongs to the element of Water.

At this time, I would like to explain, that according to the very scholarly work,OUR TROTH Volueme 1 History and Lore there are two camps who use runes.  One is the Neopagan and the other is the Heathen.  Neopagan tend to be more liberal in their use and interpretation of what is and isn't acceptable and Heathens then to be more Orthodox and strict in their interpretation.  This Pagan makes no judgement of either school of thought and although, I consider myself to be on The Norther Path of Heathenism, I am open and accepting of bringing my religious practices into, as my new internet friend, Ragnar Storyteller, says from the age of Pisces into the age of Aquarius, with the use of the Quantum Ocean and an understanding of how a Matrix operates.

In Divination Uruz represents growth and overcoming obstacles.  It represents movement both in new as well as old directions toward objectives.  Uruz provides a means to come to know your strength and weaknesses by observing the energy flows of the moment and charting the daily flow.  Uruz can be the planning stage of Fehu's initiation.

Francis MacMannus

THURISAZ

Post by Francis MacMannus » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 am

THURISAZ is the third rune in the Elder Futhark runes.  It means THORN in Modern English and according to Edred Thorsson in his book, RUNECASTER'S HANDBOOK (The Well of Wyrd) it is a reactive force in nature.  Diana L. Paxson in her book, TAKING UP THE RUNES states that THURISAZ is one of the most powerful runes for use in magic, but cites Aswynn caution that it must be used carefully.

It represents the Th sound in English.  Think of Thor's hammer when using this rune.  The original use was for protection, regeneration, and destruction.  Its color is red.  Most authorities agree that Thurisaz was named for a race of giants.  Its element is fire.  Some have said that it  is a symbol of lightning and thunder or Thor's hammer Mjollnir.  Remember Thor's grandfather, Odin's father was a giant

It can be used in magic to actively protect from enemies.  Its Galdr Song is Th th th th th th th th th th
Thur thar thir ther thor
thu tha thi the tho
Th th th th th th th th th th

In divination it is the life-death polarity.  It often acts as a warning to stop and think before proceeding.  Like Fehu and Uruz it represents unconscious energy, but this energy lies on the edge of conciousness.

Francis MacMannus

Sorry

Post by Francis MacMannus » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 am

I received a phone call while making the above post and obviously forgot to put my end /u in the post after the title of the last book mentioned.  Sorry about that mistake.  I wish this forum had an edit function, but I guess that would lead to people deleted their posts using the edit button.  So, we just have to accept that we aren't yet perfect and overlook the occasional mistake.

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 am

There is an edit button top right of your post, just look and click on it and you can edit to your heart's delight.

Some of your meanings seem strange to me, do you use the runes to actually read with?

Blessings from Avalon
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:58 pm

I find that when I am researching something and do not find something that makes sense, it is always to have a look at another script or book.    I know that some of us can not afford to buy many text but there are web sites around here that you will find in a thread called sources here if such as www.sunnyways.com that also have good information on runes.  I find that I over quote the first book that made sense to me by Nigel Pennick Rune Magic but since then I am open to other Authors and what I have discovered along my path.  We must not bury our heads in books to much, we must also discover what we read for ourselves to truely understand what the author is saying.

I have read Edred Thorsson's books by the way is not his real name.  It is well set out the one I have called Futhark but I am yet to really delve into it.  For one to truely understand runes you must read The Poetic Edda, you might be interested in this link:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/index.htm

I thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, as it is always good to have another persons insight upon our journey.

MG
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Solwynn

Re: Rune Energies

Post by Solwynn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Francis MacMannus wrote:Each rune has attached to it a tree, a gemstone, a half-month, an herb, a color, an hour of the day, and Gods and Goddesses as well as its own mythology.
Where does this come from? Some of the runes represent trees but they don't all have associated trees. I'd be in interested in knowing what monthly correspondences they have, as well the hours of the day. This sounds like stuff that was grafted onto the runes. Which author are you getting this from?

If you want to learn about the runes, start with the Havamal, which are said to be the words of Odin. Stanzas 137 to 144 detail his shamanic ordeal of being hung on Yggdrasil to obtain the runes. Stanzas 145 to 163 give some examples of their uses.

I am told that Nigel Pennick is a good modern day source for information, but I've never actually read his work so I don't know for certain. I have read Edred Thorsson's books (he also publishes under his civil name Stephen Flowers) and although he is generally not liked in the heathen community for turning into a Setian, I don't discount his scholarship before that time.

Don't ignore the Sagas, though. A lot of people buy books by modern authors and never investigate the source. The Sagas may be embellished, which is what happens when you keep telling a story over and over, but they do contain information that is useful and they give you insight into the cultural mindset and worldview that the runes actually come from.

~Solwynn

Return to “Runes”