question about runes

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rising_Sun

question about runes

Post by Rising_Sun » Sun May 18, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm learning runes and their meanings and i've seen that there are a lot of runes that have different meanings depending on the rune they are with, they can mean one thing when they're with positive runes and another different thing when they're with negative runes. my question is; which ones are considered positive and which ones are the negative runes?
life is real when you are dreaming, life is a dream when you are realing

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Mon May 26, 2008 6:41 pm

so, the question is still lingering. i've bought a runes divination book online but it'll take 4 weeks to arrive here apparently =/  i just want to know if all the runes are positive and just when they are reversed they become negative runes or are there soecific runes that are positive and specific runes that are negative

Xia

Post by Xia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Some are protective, some are energising and others are defending. I don't read negative meanings, but some runes can show warlike energies and so some read them as bad.

Aaror

Attitude determines context

Post by Aaror » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Well, first, are you using the runes for divination or casting?  I am more familiar with the latter.
When casting your attitude and intention determines whether the spell is "positive," or "negative."  Realize that spells to harm someone or otherwise cause negative effects will often have negative rebound on your own life, or can call unwanted attention from negative influences.
In divination you should look at the overall pattern of the runes, you can get a feeling if they are negative or positive pretty quickly.
If you do get a negative divination, I recomend a quick rune spell to mitigate it, generally including Algiz.  If you don't know how, just pick the runes that seem appropriate, and see if you can draw them all in one symbol.  Let your spirit guide you and realize that intent and will are as important as skill.

MacLir

Post by MacLir » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:06 am

'Cause for me Runes are energy, they can be either positive or negative. Just like fire can be used for cooking and can also be used to burn someone to death. It depends on how we use/direct it.
Avalon

Return to “Runes”