What rune is this and what does it mean?

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ereyon

What rune is this and what does it mean?

Post by Ereyon » Mon May 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello, my name is Ereyon, and I had a dream in which a strange symbol appeared. I attached a small picture of it to this post.

To me, it looks like a rune, but I couldn't find it anywhere. It looks like a combination between Wunjo and Eihwaz.
Can anyone help me find out what this symbol could be and what it means?
Thanks!
Attachments
DreamRune.JPG
Picture of the rune in my dream
DreamRune.JPG (1.82 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

Kaneay

Post by Kaneay » Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 am

from what I can see you're right... it is a combination...  but normally any combined runes hold 3 individual runes. It is Wunjo and Eihwaz but i think your third rune may be a hidden Laguz

Eihwaz indicates strength, enlightenment, motivation, reliability exc.
Wunjo speaks of joy and pleasure, harmony, and self worth.
and Laguz represents Energy renewal, life energy, dreams (ironicly), and mystery

So, in conclusion, all in all I feel the runes bear great news to you. Perhaps this would be a good symbol to write on a peice of paper and stick in your wallet for luck.

your dreams are a window to your subconcious and your deepest innermost emotions and desires, even any premonitions. prepare for happiness and peace in your life!

Best Wishes!!! and if you want a reading about it, then id me more thn happy to!!!
~Kaneay

gloriagypsy

Post by gloriagypsy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 am

What you have here is called a Bindrune: A bindrune is the combination of individual runic powers into one mighty field of action.

You could actually have four runes here bound together,

Wunjo
Isa
Eihwaz
Laguz

Since this bindrune was seen in your dream, my suggestion is that you study each runes meaning and see
how you feel instinctively/subconsciously on what this bindrune means to you.

also note that although there is the possibility of four runes combined, it could be that only the two,

Wunjo and Eihwaz

or the combination of three could be bound.

Wunjo, Isa, Eihwaz or Wunjo, Laguz, Eihwaz

It really is hard to say as with dreams, they are usually a persons subconscious.

Study and meditation with the bindrune itself should help you to figure out what this symbolizes to you!
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. - Carl Jung

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:59 pm

I looked at his before and came back here today because I found a runebind in the framework of a house we are looking at moving to. I think that Isa is always drawn first and so it gets missed? Its nice to see that someoen else understands the binds of runes :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

prg5001

Post by prg5001 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 am

I agree on the bind rune interpretation and as bind runes are highly personal it is key to investigate the possible constituents and their combinations and the totality of the bind rune. I'd also consider an upside down Laguz as well. Runes upside down may or may not have any meaning.

Normally bind runes are used to hide the meaning of the rune sequence so that the magic remains powerful. So other people's bind runes aren't easy to interpret but in this case it's your dream so you should be able to discover the meaning.

I normally find it very difficult to make bind runes as, even though I know the constituents, the over all combination must make sense and there are many ways to combine. I suppose it gets easier with practice, like most things.

When marking a bind rune, make sure that all runes are individually coloured.

Have fun.

Cheers, Paul

Evard

Post by Evard » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Hello . to me it looks like a double rune with time accorded to
protect the family of the runing rather thn
binding the EhWaz with Lagu zho .

Did you consider a symbol in yer dream as
referring to earlier time such as the birth
year of the mother .  It looks like the 2nd
saying of the runic "protect madra WATER"

I read runes though I don't give reading .

Maybe you want time after space and the
ElHaz WeiWaz double runic proper magic .
Thanks . I'm inexperienced . You won't find newer time runic at the classic books .  Try FuthARCewei runic descript . Evard .

Return to “Runes”