Silver cords

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Silver cords

Post by aelis2004 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:10 pm

These "cords" are connections we have to people, things and animals. They connect us in special ways. If you are in love with someone, you'll probably have a cord that unites them to you at the heart chakra, the solar plexus chakra (know the feeling of butterflies in your stomach? :smt003 ) and your first/second chakra. When a relationship ends, we need time to "let go". This letting go is the time we need to "untie" or cut the cords that united us to this person. It must be dealt with in order to heal and move on.
The same happens when someone whe hold dear dies, be it a person or a family pet. We must cut the cords that connected us to them, and that is what the period of mourning is for. If we think that death is a further step on the long, winding road of a soul's travel, we will be able to accept it more easily and the time we need will be much less.

And what about things? Have you ever kept with you some souvenir of the past and then all of a sudden you have felt the need to get rid of it? Well, this means you have cut the emotional/affective cord (after all, we also use the woed "ties") that connected you to it, and you now feel ready to forgo that part of the past and move on. This is why moving house or tidying up a deceased relative's belongings can be so traumatic... we are cutting ties and there is no going back. It can be painful, but then we will heal and be ready for what the future has in store for us - a new slate. We will have renewed or regenerated a part of our soul.

Salsalady

silver cords

Post by Salsalady » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:11 pm

I visualized letting go of the silver cords from a painful, previous relationship. It's funny how even in not-so-healthy relationships, you can still feel "connected" to that person. Thank you for this information, Aelis...At a short meditation last week, when we did a walking meditation, I perceived a golden thread connecting us all. I was doing Ujayi breathing as we walked...I still have many fears related to intimacy ; ( That relationship affected me profoundly, sad though it was.

maplewoman

Cut those cords.

Post by maplewoman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:29 am

I have been told to cut cords regularly as they drain us of vital life force, especially in unhealthy relationships. I draw a silver sword from an imaginary scabbard on my back and encircle my whole body saying with assistance from my highest good I cut these cords that bind me and ask that they go back to where they came with love and light then imagine the cut cords withdrawing and my cords are reeled back in too. Some cords that are cut seem to reattatch unknowingly and the process must be repeated. I reckon it is a good idea to do this at the end of each day so we can sleep easier and healthier. Has anybody got other methods of cord cutting? Experiences?

Return to “Chakra”